Jen&Kyle Trip Report...Desire Pearl vs TTR vs Desire Pearl Trip Report

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by Jen&Kyle, May 19, 2014.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The target date for next may is may 9th, give or take a day or two. A lot of folks we met are trying to align and that is what is currently on the table. October will be half TTR and half pearl. May will be all pearl most likely. Join us!

2. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Desire should be paying you to write this report....you really make this place sound so
    good!

3. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I wish. Or maybe a night free? :) Finally finishing this thing on my flight to Taiwan. If I don't finish it on a 16 hour flight then I am never finishing it. Be back in 16 or so hours :)

4. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The end

Continuation of Friday May 16th at the catered Penthouse party...

I was thoroughly impressed with the staff. I counted 20+ different people in all helping in one way or another. They even provided my favorite bartender Fabian. Plus three others that were equally great...
    Martin, Pablo and sorry but the 4th escapes me. What was amazing was they provided two bartenders at a time and when the party was still going at 8:30 they swapped the original two out with two more (I think the original two's day was done). It was no issue. They didn't want to break up the party and didn't even charge for the extra time or extra people. Of course we tipped well (tried to get all 20+ that helped) to show our appreciation as I am sure it was all extra work for the staff. Top notch all around. Couldn't have done better if paying way more for a reception/party back home.

Anyway, back to the fun. 20-30 guests arrived at 5ish many brandishing gifts like Jell-O shots, champagne, bottles of liquor, etc just amping up the party. Truly a great group of people that we dearly miss and hope to see again next May. Like the previous get together it starts like any normal party with socializing, dancing and drinks. Jell-O shots turn the fun up and of course alcohol infused whipped cream turns even the shyest partiers into true party animals. We really enjoyed the diversity. People from all walks of life each with interesting stories to tell. How many parties in the world can you go to where the UK, US, Mexico, Argentina and Canada are represented and some guests arrive in evening wear, others in bathing suits and others completely naked?

By about 9 some departed for dinner plans and the core group hit the balcony hot tub. I think there were about 5 couples but I must admit my memory got a little fuzzy by this point. The fun got a little more adult which can happen on vacations like these. But it was one of those things where it is just part of the party. No pressure, no stress, just one hell of a party. The ladies would get on the side of the hot tub and AIWC would be applied wherever from whichever guy (or lady) in the tub wanted and you can use your imagination from there. Then the guys on the side of the tub for their turn. I am proud to say every lady didn't mess around and knew exactly where to apply the whipped cream lol. I am sure a lot may jump to conclusions about what would naturally happen next due to preconceived notions about Desire. I have seen a lot of posts lately thinking it is an all out sexfest but the reality is that is not the case (or at least happily it wasnt when we were there). It is what you make of it and yes Desire pearl provides the freedom and opportunity but for us, and our guests, it was all about the party. So the party concluded as everyone planned to move to the dance club to continue the night. But before departing it had started raining a little so we decided to move the buffet spread inside with a couple friends who stayed behind so we would have late night eats. Lesson learned, never try to move a buffet table with fire heating the food. Poof! The table covered in nice linens went up in flames. We almost solved the decision of whether we should go to pearl or Temptation next visit as we almost eliminated Pearl. Yikes. Thankfully quick thinking by the ladies dumping water bottles and the beer ice tub put it out quick. Then a knock at the door. Uh oh, I thought we were getting booted due to someone seeing the fire from below. Instead it was a waiter with two lobsters. Nice. We had received a free lobster dinner with our package and because we were too busy to use it our butler had them sent to our room for an after party snack. It really is personalized service. Always thinking about their guests and what would make them happy.

The lobster snack and maybe a couple sexy photos :) and then it was off to the disco for one last night of sexy dancing. We found the outfits at Pearl to sometimes show a little more since nudity is allowed at their dance club (but is definitely not in your face with people clothed 95% of the time, just some outfits reveal it all). In general though the dress was a little more refined yet revealing with more elegant sexy club wear. Much less t-shirt and shorts like you might see at paty o's. Nothing wrong with either. Just trying to paint a clear picture of the differences. We love them both for their own reasons. We enjoyed a couple hours of sexy dancing with our friends but had run out of steam by night 7. We usually need a night off by night 4 or so at TTR as we do party hard every day at TTR. But with the days being a little more tame at pearl we were able to make it to night 7 before running out of steam. Still amazed how some people are able to do two weeks. Anyway, regret not continuing some adult fun our last night but there is always next time.

As for next time, we will be returning to TTR oct 3-6 or 7 to party with our Octoberbreast friends from cancuncare and then pearl oct 6 or 7 to 10 or 11. We hope to see you there! And then likely back to Pearl around May 9th next year, give or take a day or two. A lot of the May Pearl group is trying to align dates. Should be a good time to go.

On Saturday we departed, nothing monumental except I completed the negotiations on the pictures. Got them down to $380 for 40. So less than $10 a pic and they threw in the slide show which included some pics we didn't choose as the 40. The slide show has some nice music to it and was done well. End result, everything was definitely worth $380.

A couple other things I meant to mention earlier... I hear the beer selection has improved at ttr. Can't confirm but I liked that at Pearl I could choose from dos Equis or Tecate Light or Grand Bohemian which is a darker beer, at pretty much every bar. And I am a big grey goose drinker so it was nice that they had that everywhere.

To conclude, we believe the extra money was worth the better food, drinks, rooms (way better rooms), facilities and services. We will likely make Pearl our first choice in the future. We will go back to Temptation, like in October, to see the friends we have made. However, pearl is more for us at this point of our lives. We love both though and can see how people with different preferences for what makes a great vacation would prefer Temptation. They are both winners and should be appreciated for what they are AND what they are not.

When I get back to the states I will post a couple last photo shoot shots and that will be it until October. As always let us know if you have any questions!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOVED IT! And a fire, what a funny/great memory (as long as it didn't get out of control!!)

I hope you still frequent TTR at least once a year. One of these days we will have to meet up. Butch and I will try to work on our spouces to get them to Try out Pearl for a couple days next May!

6. Saywhn

Saywhn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Thanks for the TR, we have contemplated Pearl the last few years while in Cancun. I think this TR may have made our decision easier. Thx
    R & B

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tim and I are going to 'suggest/offer' to get bumped the last two days in Dec. Our friends leave 2 days before us so it will be perfect if we can get moved - just to scope it out!

8. Butch-N-Amy

Butch-N-Amy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    May the 8th is our anniversary. That might work out perfect. We definitely have to give it a try. It sounds awesome!!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pearl or the other? Ok we have to work on Tim and Jerry!!!

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    What are Tim and Jerry's concerns? I think you mentioned Tim was so so on the nakedness but it really isn't required. I think you all would love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice