June 8-15 TTR/Desire Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by alikchi, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alikchi

alikchi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there for the first time at the same time as you, apparently. We scheduled from June 8-15, but spent 12-15 at Desire Pearl instead, which was the smartest thing we could have done. I was bored out of my gourd at TTR the first couple of days. The planning and anticipation of my trip were so much better than the actual trip! Honestly, at first I was looking forward to it being over so I could leave. That changed and I wished I was back in cancun now, but in the beginning....

I would agree with your suggestions. Make friends early. We met people on the Boobs Cruise (which was one of the single most enjoyable experiences of my life!!) but that was right before we left. Suggestions I would add:

1. Cancuncare folks and June junkies are incredibly accepting people online but pretty cliquey in person. We need a better way to reach out and include others. I made a lot of virtual friends, but once arrived at TTR, was pretty alone, not knowing how to find those people.

2. Keep the bars open later! It's an adult party resort but the bars close at 7pm and the pools at 9pm? Yeah, that's pretty sexy. Unless you're a swinger and hooking up in someone's room, there is no time for sexy for you at TTR after 7pm, so leave or go to bed. It's like TTR retirement center. If you book any excursion, you've missed the whole day. Paty'o is open, but it's so crowded, as the only option, it's hard to get in and meet people. I had a blast in there, but a little variety would be good. Alcohol is weak weak weak. It's sad you have to bring your own to get drunk. I didn't ever our be that at Pearl. I drank non stop at TTR and never got buzzed but at Pearl after three drinks woke up naked on the beach with a time lapse in my mind. I may never know what happened during those hours and probably don't want to.

3. I was shocked by the hypocrisy regarding nudity. Tits of every shape and size were there, but the men were mostly wearing church slacks to swim in, practically. The very few of us who wore revealing pouch swimwear, while receiving many catcalls and compliments, received a fair share of complaints. When I wore my white pouch (see-through when wet), one guy actually said "no one wants to see that" as he distracted his wife...btw, his wife apparently DID want to see it because she couldn't stop staring, even as she appeared very offended in her neck to thigh covering bathing suit). See my pics for an idea of what I look like. I will take this one down shortly since it's provocative. Sorry, Steve.

Staff were cool about male nudity since I spent every morning on the patio nude with my coffee. Staying in 1105, right by the main path, the bar, and the Caribbean restaurant, I had lots of traffic and views! Every morning, though, the staff would work outside my room. I would stand there buck naked and talk to them, but they never were phased. Even if I stood on the patio and stroked off (which I did 3-5 times daily) or screwed my wife, which I did often out there, they wouldn't acknowledge it, so that was good. The passersby mostly liked it, encouraging the sex or commenting "nice dick," but off the patio the tolerance stopped. People freaked if I wore anything other than standard men's board shorts and I just don't get that.

4. Theme nights: not enough communication or encouragement. We spent a fortune and a lot of time on this, only to find maybe 2-3 others dressing up. The men didn't at all. What a bunch of boring guys! Theme nights have the potential to be so fun and schoolgirl night made my marriage about 1,000,000 times better, but there we're literally less than half a dozen participants.

5. Do the Boobs Cruise and do it early! Steve is a brilliant man and made my life better with this event! I was first to so many awards that day but won't spoil the fun by telling you about it. Just be prepared to have a lot of fun.

6. If you're a guy and you want to be naked, skip TTR and go to Desire. At pearl, I found only good service and acceptance. Sex in public is a real deal and no means no. We were not once bothered by someone pressuring us. I loved it so much, I bought a timeshare.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  2. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

At the risk of feeding the troll I will respond, what the hell.

1. There are avatars of people and if you "made a lot of virtual friends" before arriving then you should know what the "virtual friends" look like because of avatars and pictures on profiles. Walk up and say "hello I'm XXX from the board". Is that hard?

BTW the join date of like 2 weeks before your trip makes me a bit wary of your slew of "virtual friends".

2. Not my experience, but my experience is not inclusive of all peoples. YMMV. I find the drinks to be of average strength but I'm not looking to pass out on a beach during my vacation either.

3. Not the resort for this. This is not Hedo, not Desire. I frankly find your attitude quite self involved. The rules are publicly stated, you need to keep your trunks on. If one knows this going in why even book the resort if this is obviously such a huge issue for you? People come to the resort expecting an experience, and the fact that you want everyone to let you to behave in a manner that is not encouraged by resort rules means obviously you are more worried about yourself than any of the other guests. Bottomless men just aren't appreciated, why are you so hung up on that?

Staff was "cool" with your nudity because they don't want to lose their jobs. If you were truly cracking one off multiple times a day on your balcony then its obvious you are an attention seeker and would have been better served at a more forward thinking resort. An hour on the board here and you could have easily figured out that TTR is simply not the place for public masturbation.

4. Participation tends to be fantastic on lingerie night and white night, less so on other nights. The "theme nights" set on this website are only for members of cancuncare, so tend to not be very well respresented. Sometimes not many people dress up. You got laid, so who gives a shit?

5. A positive note, glad you had fun. Boobs Cruise is your speed.

6. You should have gone there to begin with. I'm glad you like it their, hope you many happy trips in the future.

3. RandE

RandE Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    True, I've messaged with many virtual friends for the simple fact that I can know what they look like so socialization will be so much easier. Even then, never had a problem saying hi to people and striking up a convo. Theme nights, I plan to dress up w my wife and make it a fun time! Paty os had always been a great party for us and I can't wait to get back. I guess in the end it's what u make of it that determined ur trip. We plan to have a blast! CCC people don't be afraid to say hi to us, we won't bite! (Unless asked!)

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Sounds like someone had unrealistic expectations or misinformation about TTR. IMO the 24/7 sexual mayhem is overhyped.

We like TTR BECAUSE it takes it to the "edge" without going over. That to us is part of the fun. The playful flirting, some topless some not, etc... We've actually seen many women we thought were sexier with their tops on. LOL

As for men, my wife says she would just as soon 99.999% of them (including me) keep their swimsuits on. lol

28 Days!!!

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I've split this review to it's own thread since it was posted under a different trip report.

6. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    Candace is the same. I asked if she had any interest in Desire and she said "No, I think I saw more than enough mens' junk at Temptation."

7. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Blimey!
    1. Our first 2 trips we didn't even know about CCC and still met awesome friends we keep in touch with to this day. This resort facilitates this, regardless of "meeting" on-line beforehand.

2. There is a bar open somewhere 23 hours a day, what's the problem?

3. There is no hypocrisy re nudity, this is a topless optional resort, not a clothes optional one - pretty clear I would have thought. We are long time naturists, but would NEVER put staff here in the uncomfortable position you did, it is downright disrespectful.

4. Theme nights, you can lead a horse to water... sure, sometimes the turnout is low, sometimes not. And the same can be said for Pearl. Hardly the resort's fault.

5. Boobs Cruise - legendary!

6. Yeah, sure, nudity & public PDAs = Desire, what made you think it would be at TTR? We love all 3 resorts, TTR, Desire & Pearl, but know that they are different, and we dress, and behave accordingly.
    :daisy:

8. Jeff & Yolie

Jeff & Yolie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I kind of feel the need to talk up here, since we were there the same time and we were on the Boobs Cruise together.

Quick back story to us. This was our first trip to TTR and we did research on the place for awhile before we went. I felt like after reading everything on the forums I kind of new what to expect and turns out everything was pretty spot on. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again as soon as possible.

In response to the alikchi's statements:

1. We couldn't have been more pleased with how accepting the people were at TTR. A few times we went out of my way if we recognized a person to say hi, other times we had people come up to us and say hi to us because the recognized us from our pictures. I couldn't say I met all of our online friends but I met a lot and we met a lot of people who were not on the forum. We are not always the most social couple, but we made sure to go out of our way to try and get to meet people and we couldn't have been happier we did.

2. I agree the sexy pool should be open a little later, but I understand things need to be cleaned. We never had a problem finding a drink at anytime of the day that we were out of our room, and we had some good drink in our room.

3. As a male I didn't want to be nude, and didn't care that I couldn't be. I was happy my wife decided to take off her top, and I might have flashed my stuff in the sexy pool once after the Boobs Cruise. Oh and the Boobs Cruise I was naked a couple of times and that was enough for me.

4. The theme nights were fun. It gave us a way to kind of figure out who was a CCC person and go up and talk to them. My wife dressed up for them all, and I have to say she looked hot every night, so some nights we were not out of our room for that long.

5. I agree the boobs cruise was lots of fun. No need to go into detail about what went on there but I'm sure alikchi was happy he got to get naked early on.

6. Glad you like Desire. Doesn't seem like a place I want to be. TTR was perfect! I'm trying to get my wife to write up her review on the place soon, but from my perspective I wouldn't want to be any place else.

9. sly_m&m

sly_m&m Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0
    that exactly why we booked for TTR. we wanted to spice it up our next vacation without going over the "edge" look like we find the perfect place.:headbanger:

10. alikchi

alikchi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Steve. Again, your efforts on this board are appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice