Trip Report June 2 - 10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Tim and Alysia, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We returned from a trip to GOV recently. The trip reports at this point probably don't matter much with the upcoming changes but we decided to post this for those of you that still have reservations. All in all, we had a great trip. We were there with our son, his new wife and a group of friends. Here's what we found: Benny, Dario and Adrian (the activities people) are fantastic. They immediately made us feel welcome and spent time talking with us and inviting us to do the various activities during the week. The 3 of them are extremely friendly and fun. The activities could be a little more organized. There wasn't a specific time for them nor was there a calendar so you even knew what the events of the day would be (this wasn't not a huge deal to us). Our room was very nice. We especially enjoyed the ocean view. (Something that's not available everywhere...most resorts you have to pay extra.) The food was average - not great but not bad. Juan in the Mexican restaurant was a treat. He asked our names the first day and called most of us by name every day thereafter (we were there 9 days...so that's fairly impressive). The beach was very nice but the pool could have used a bit more attention. (It was slightly murky most of the time and I don't think there was sufficient chlorine used in it...but that's just my opinion.) The only "less positive" thing I would say is that we did have trouble getting service from the wait staff in the buffet. Most days, we ended up getting our own drinks - some days, we even had to go to the servers station and get our own silverware. I guess one more thing that frustrated us was that I requested to take my leftovers back to my room from the Italian restaurant one evening and was told I couldn't...if I wanted something else, I would have to order room service. I wasn't asking for another meal, just what I had left on my plate because I couldn't eat it all. I couldn't understand why I couldn't take it with me but they threw it away. We used the services of USA Transfers for our transportation to and from the airport and as usual - everything was great. We have booked through USA Transfers several times and have never had a problem or even a hint of a problem. Let us know if you have any specific questions and we will try to answer them. As I said, we all had a great time...but that's because we were with our friends. We feel you're in charge of your own destiny - if you expect to have a good time, you will!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    Your last statement is so true..............we had a great time at GOV. Thanks for the TR!

3. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Glad you guys had a good time and posted a report. I have been very curious about how things have been there since they decided to change over.

4. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, So Dario?? is he new??? Where is Sara??

5. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sara left the day after we got there for vacation for 15 days. Dario maybe was filling in for Sara, not real sure. Very pleasant person to talk to.

6. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info.. I hope she is doing well.. She surely is a nice person and Loves to entertain and have fun

7. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Thanks for the TR. Anything going on at night on the resort? Did you go off the resort?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice