Taxi from Airport?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by alicmaeb92488, Jun 11, 2014.

1. alicmaeb92488

alicmaeb92488 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know how much (roundabout) a taxi would cost from the CUN airport to GOV? I know to discuss a rate upfront with the driver, but I'd like to have a general idea going in. We haven't scheduled transportation with a company so was just thinking of grabbing a taxi there...

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    $60 or $70 from the airport to the hotel in a fake 'taxi' plus $30 back with a real taxi

Real taxis are not allowed to pick up at the airport, only drop off. The only company who can pick up without pre-arranged bookings is a company called greenline who have the word 'taxi' written on the side of their vehicles, but they don't operate anywhere else outside of the airport.

They have simply paid for a very expensive exclusive licence to operate and rely on overcharging the uninformed who arrive without a pre-arranged transport option.

USA Transfers is $55 round trip private transfer, payable on arrival. The words USA Transfers are converted into a link which will take you to the booking process.

No simpler choice really.

3. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Take it from experience, USA Transfer is the only way to go! Best Day does a very nice job, but costs quite a bit more.

4. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Fortunately taxis can take you back to the airport. We, unwittingly, booked our trip though Apple Vacations and, to catch our 12:30pm flight they said we had to leave the resort at 8:15 because we were the first ones to be picked up on their route. We got a taxi for $25 and left at 10:30. We still arrived at the airport too early. Next time we will definitely use USA Transfers.

5. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Oh, and the taxi ride was definitely an E-ticket ride. It was an OLD, clapped out Nissan Sentra with no a/c, no functioning seatbelts and a driver that seemed in a hurry to meet his maker. We needed a drink by the time we got to the airport.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    ......and that is why real taxis are not licensed to pick up at the airport! Functioning lights and seat belts seem to be an optional extra here.

7. alicmaeb92488

alicmaeb92488 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much everyone (especially Steve)! Whew, glad I asked. I'm going to go with the suggestion you made (USA Transfers). Normally I thought private transfers would be more than just a regular taxi from, say LAX or Miami. Then again, I have to remind myself I'm not flying within the U.S. Definitely not going to get sucked into upwards of a $70 one way fee and possibly not make it alive to the hotel, haha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice