The cost of living Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by spencer-2012@hotmail.com, Jan 3, 2014.

1. spencer-2012@hotmail.com

spencer-2012@hotmail.com Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in Cancun 6 mths then Colorado USA 6 mths. My rent in Cancun is $110 / mth US. or 1500 pesos mth. Includes water for shower, Studio with own Bath and Ballcony close to Market 23. Ride to all the beaches Route 1 bus 10 pesos. Good tacos 10 to 14 pesos. Real fresh made juice 12 pesos. I bought my own air bed for studio for 250 pesos that's all I need . Can cook in studio with my own hot plate but cheap to eat out. In same apartment complex others to rent . Not the Hilton but you can do what ever to fix your place. My wife and I love it on the cheap. Can email me . Greg and Linda

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Wow that is cheap!

I actually find the cost of living in Cancun to be expensive, but we are a family of 4 and probably spend money on lots of things you don't need to.

3. LuisF

LuisF Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    emailed

4. aziano

aziano Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that is cheap! do you know of any cocina economica around there? the food stalls at mercado 23 are priced for tourist, as i remember.

5. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    There is a little bar/pub under (or was last time I was there) mundo joven that has pretty good service and pretty low prices. Not really close to mercado 23 however there is the place next to soberanas few blocks down from mercado23. Of course there is also I think McDonalds or Burger King a block away and subway near the bus station.. not exactly commida economica however comparable prices to stateside.

This probably doesn't help much but I'm only really familiar with eats in PDC I usually just buy and make my food in Cancun as I'm usually a block or two away from a major shopping place and my diet is ideally seafood and vegetarian and I love fruit, (one of the reason I love mexico, my favorite foods cost the least in Mexico..)

Good luck with finding some. I would think that most places in the tourist areas will be tourist prices due to "costs of operation"

Some of the places closer to the end of mercado going towards the ado though were packed with locals (closer to art decosuites) not the strip malls.

6. CancunInsider

CancunInsider Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The deeper you go into Cancun, the cheaper the food gets. There is two Walmart's in Cancun (you can google map it) - the area near the 2nd Walmart, further away from downtown - has plenty of cheap eats. You can also check out the Sunday tianguis if you want an ultimate authentic/budget experience.

David,

7. layali30002000

layali30002000 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi

hello i am mohame from egypt i am coming soon to cancun becoz my wife is sick and she need to get treatment there for long time so we need cheap rent studio and i need to know more details about life in cancun how can i get cheap food can u please guide me? this is my email layali30002000@yahoo.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice