Our Trip Report May 4 - 9

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by jeff & deb, May 17, 2014.

1. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    hmm we wrote and must of took to long.. and well it disappeared... bummer and I was on day 2...LOL anyways we will add to this.. We loved GOV and sad that it sold we would of gone back in a sec...
    anyways will continue later..

See below

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Nice review

3. FunFoss

FunFoss Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Have you been drinking?…….lol

4. okc_mark

okc_mark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was great meeting you both at GOV. We enjoyed hearing about your stay at TTR before your GOV stay.

Sorry I was the one that broke the news of GOV selling, since you both seemed to be enjoying your 'recharge' time there...LOL

5. jeff & deb

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    You caught me... LOL not a hard thing to do when it comes to that...LOL :ernaehrung015:

6. jeff & deb

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Ok so we headed over to the Gov on Sunday May 4th.. We got there around 11:00 and were pretty sure our room wouldn't be ready but we were pretty excited about checking the place out... Sunday was pretty much rain all day... So we got there and yes room not ready we asked about an upgrade to balcony room he said he would talk to manager... we asked for Valentina but it was her day off.. We like to think that mentioning her name would help. So we got all checked in and off we went to check the place out... We were really impressed very nice resort we found the spa and made an appointment for a couples massage for the next day. Then walked around, we really liked the quiet pool and noted they had around 4 hot tubs that were semi private and you could be in them until 3:00 am.. neat idea.. We ended up sitting at the party pool bar and met another couple and we chatted about the resort.. Everything that could go wrong did for them.. pretty much what all the negative reports were saying was happening to them.. line ups, crappy room.. food... everything. So we were getting a bit tipsy and soaked and thought what the hell go see if our room was ready around 1:30 sure enough it was ready and we were upgraded.. So up to the room and have to say the nicest room we've ever had in Mexico... We loved it and good thing because our stay at the GOV was recoup time. Now things start getting a bit blurry we changed into bathing suits and back down to check things out.. We noticed nobody was topless, and like I've said before I'm not a leader.. so didn't think the top would be coming off...however we get to the quiet pool nobody seemed to be around... so off came the top and went for a swim.. then I hear Wow your brave..LOL a couple other women come swimming over and saying they wished their were brave enough to do it.. I just told them do it Nobody know you Nobody gives a shit...LOL we're pretty sure they did the next day.. but like I said things were getting blurry..
    We did end up in the buffet, got in by the side door so no line up.. we were just about to sit down when the hostess came and told me quietly that I needed to wear shorts.. So went up and put on shorts back down and ate.. food was ok that we remember...LOL Then out to the beach, this beach is beautiful the water is so clear and you can walk out so far the sand is wonderful... no weeds and no mucky stuff to walk through, if you've been to TTR you know what I'm talking about, if you've gone in the water there.
    And somehow we ended up at the Coyote bar that night, I wore a dress that was appropriate for TTR not sure if it was for the Coyote bar.. by then though I didn't care..The band was fantastic but we got there for their last set.. we danced our asses off and had fun...
    Monday went down and didn't feel like having breakfast so we asked a sales guy where we could get a coffee, he took us to the coffee bar where you can get any kind of coffee you want.. Very Yummy.. Then off to our massage.. 1/2 hr in a Sauna, then showers, great massage for about an hour and then hot tub.. we only stayed in there for about 1/2 hour.. they have hot tub and a cool tub.. pretty cool, to cool for us.. anyways we were starting to have a nic fit so time to go.
    Off to the beach.. I seen one women topless... so wasn't to comfortable... but then started to get hungry, told Jeff that if he went and got us something to eat I would take off the top..LOL Never seen him run so fast...LOL
    We have to say we think the burgers were 10times better than the burgers at TTR, however nothing like a burger at 4am. Jeff said the line was stupid but at TTR there is a line up for burgers at 2am.. So off came the top and enjoyed the sun, sand and ocean.. there are lots of loungers but not very comfortable.. the hard plastic. They do have beds but all the ones in the Sun were already taken..But after a few drinks all's good and that was it drank and enjoyed the sun. We stayed till around 4 then off for a nap...

I'm not sure what time I woke up but it was dark... so I ordered room service.. we had the club sandwich and grilled steak and a bottle of wine... Yummy 15.00 for room service and another 15 for the bottle of wine... plus tip.. so worth it for us, no worries about line ups etc. We stayed in that night...and ... LOL it was a great night...LOL

Tuesday.. went for breakfast, no line up it was ok didn't find any bacon... but food was ok. We met Sara69 and discussed where things seemed to go wrong with what people expected at the GOV.. my take is somewhere along the way People were expecting another TTR.. which it never will be and never was suppose to be.. this place is perfect to go and unwind after TTR relax and have a bit of fun.. But nothing like TTR. She is a wonderful girl and works so hard, she went and got Valentina and introduced us.. another wonderful woman that works very hard to make sure we all enjoy ourselves, she asked about our room and we told her that we loved it and loved the resort.
    Then off to the beach..drink, swim, and relax.. and drink... we got plowed..again we got pretty good service on the beach we tipped her everytime she came by...LOL
    Went to the Morocco for lunch good food and good wine...lots of wine...LOL Our waiter use to work at TTR Oscar he's wife if I remember correctly is Brianne ?? she was the awesome waitress around the sexy pool a couple years ago and then last we seen her she was working in the Buffet.. we loved that girl and was disappointed to see and hear that she no longer works at TTR.
    Anyways back to the beach till around 4 again then up to the room for a nap... Dam naps they were interfering with our night life...LOL Anyways wake up around 11:30 didn't feel like going out, Jeff was sleeping so ordered room service. We did notice this huge Yacht in front of the hotel.

Wednesday, went for breakfast, again no line and they had bacon.. Yippee...LOL today we decided to hang out at the quiet pool, loungers looked more comfortable (their not LOL) we read, drank and relaxed.. We got this awesome waitress Laura she kept our cups full all the time, sometimes she'd bring us each two drinks.. anyways our cups were never empty.. So we met this couple from South Carolina and she asked us if we got to see Hugh Hefner and his playboy bunnies.. we were "What no way" she said oh yeah and showed us pictures... What the hell dam naps.. LOL it was his yacht.. Dam it we miss it. Anyways hung out at the quiet pool, then these 3 nuns show up.. started giving me grief about being topless... they were pretty good they gave me a paper topless no and on the other side was a full bathing suit Ci they took off to the party pool, I said to Jeff is that for real... turns out they were entertainment staff, Pretty funny... Lunch at the Morocco pretty good view from the quiet pool.. again no line up.. Jeff ordered Tia Fried Fish... when they brought it out oh I couldn't stop laughing... it was a whole fish, eyes, fins, the whole fish!!! Jeff had no idea how to eat it.. took a few pictures funniest thing I've seen.. he high fived the fin and dug in.. well ok picked at it... to funny.. again lots of wine, this place is wonderful, the view is amazing and you can smoke and we didn't feel rushed.

The rest of our stay was pretty much the same, hung out at the quiet pool drank and read.. must mention we think this pool is awesome 6.5 feet deep in the deep end, a person could do laps it was very peaceful and relaxing. We did meet some great people okc_mark... but must say these avatars don't do people justice. We were told the place sold and we were very disappointed to hear this.. We can't say enough positive things about the place.. doesn't have the sexy vibe, doesn't have the family vibe.. its just a nice place to go and unwind. We did make it out to the Coyote bar another night can't tell you if it was Wed. or Thurs. People were having fun.. we were bored and tired.. and that's about it. But I did wear a club dress again and felt a bit self conscious, but some drunk guy gave me a complement said he really liked my dress... that it looked alive... LOL then he proceed to pole dance and fell off...LOL

We loved our bed it was so comfortable, now that we're home we realize ours sucks... so going to buy a new one..

We did run into that couple again during check out and yeah they had a horrible time.. its weird how we had a great time have no complaints... oh wait a minute... there was construction going on in the room either above us or beside us.. one night we did have to call the front desk to get them to stop... it was after 6 and we couldn't have a nap...LOL and we had to call two times for towels..
    We can't think of anything else.. but thank you for requesting us to write one, I wasn't going to because of the sale, but like someone said some are still going and want to know.. we found it fun remembering... If we think of anything else we will add to this, if you have any questions ask away.. But have to say our stay we were hoping for quiet and relax so not sure if this is what your looking for... If your looking for a party.. well I would recommend TTR...

I'm not sure this TR will help anyone, for us we think the place is great exactly what we wanted.. but we did spend 2 weeks at TTR.. we needed the break to recoup for real life.. I don't understand how the other couple had such a shitty time and we had a great time.. both there at the same time.. the only conclusion I can come up with is we both were looking for different things.. We don't care about food, or at this time the night life... we are happy with Sunshine, Sand, Ocean and booze !!! of course...
    And another thing we found if we smiled at the staff they smiled back... We really liked Laura she came looking for us to say good bye on Friday.. she is a gem with a great smile.

Should also mention we only paid 680.00 for our stay and the upgrade cost us another 130.00 it was well worth it.. works out to 162 per night... to stay anywhere here in the Edmonton area you would be looking at around 200 per night and cost of food and booze on top of that...So we think we got a great deal

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  7. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the great TR. I think you said it best:
    " I don't understand how the other couple had such a shitty time and we had a great time.. both there at the same time.. the only conclusion I can come up with is we both were looking for different things.. We don't care about food, or at this time the night life... we are happy with Sunshine, Sand, Ocean and booze !!! of course..."
    Such a shame that GOV will be changing over to a Family resort. We were certain to return.

8. Kim n Dave

Kim n Dave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think we were fairly certain we'd return as well. We had a great time. Started with a Spice room and Valentina got us an upgrade to the Sian Kan room for our last night. Our customer service experience was amazing. The front desk even ordered Dominos Pizza for us before the foam party Saturday afternoon.

Jeff & Deb - sorry we didn't get to meet you. We probably crossed paths though as we arrived Thursday the 8th and spent that first day relaxing by the quiet pool.

9. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Thanks for TR. We definitely appreciate it as we are going in June, and are still reading all the posts.

10. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    was there much construction going on, and what are they all doing, since they are selling the place?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice