Oasis viva

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by The Simpsons, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Blackcoupleindc

Blackcoupleindc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is exactly how we felt! Working for one of the most innovative and high tech organizations in the U.S. I know how things can get changed quickly if the people are committed to the change. We really felt like GOV wasn't committed to their proposed "concept change" and was just telling us what we wanted to hear when we met with them. We definitely got the Mexican version of the Jamaican "Soon Come Mon'"!

2. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand your comments on change but some of the rooms were sold many months prior to the change over so the persons / guest are unaware and some not in favor of he change. So instead of having 400 guest with the new concept in their sites you have some and that could have a bearing on the mood of the oasis. We booked and arguing next week knowing that. Again as I said before. It is vacation. Time away from the cold.

3. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Agree completely!

4. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Well put. Any time you put major concept change into action there's a lengthy period for everything to be implemented. Some things will work right away, other will be tried and fail, maybe repeatedly, some will catch on moderately and need to be adjusted. The key is communication and understanding by both parties.

Imagine booking TTR 6-9months in advance and showing up only to be told they now allow kids and topless isn't allowed because of a concept change.

As many have said, it's the people that make TTR what it is and many of things we enjoy aren't legitimately "allowed" but the culture has adapted to the point where it's common.

GOV will find it's own voice and style and it'll probably be a lot different than it is now and perhaps different than the concept, most plans seldom survive reality. A clone of TTR it won't be, nor should it.

5. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Agreed TravelingD and Ali/Andrew. They have an existing client base and change takes time..........but change, big or little, is happening. You can't add hot water to a cold tub and expect it to be hot instantly. We love TTR but we are ready for something different and we are trying GOV..........May not be what we expect or hope for at this time but we're still ready and looking forward to trying it. We'll be back to TTR again no doubt.........but we're going to GOV with an open mind and we'll enjoy it. At very least the property and beach is very well reported on.......hopefully we can join in or instigate some fun party time too.

6. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife has informed me that "Boobies are not", she is going back to GOV just for the beach and water. Has anyone seen Daniel. I hope that poor man hasn't been blinded by the sun reflecting off of all of the hooters.

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Always luv when I am vindicated and my views are proven.
    Even this hotels owners didn't like it and sold to a solid company.
    (Dreams is a quality chain for families)

Bon Soir GOV!
    and no more Grifting On Vacationers

8. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you want us all to pat you on the back? Not sure how someone who has never gone to GOV knows it all about the place. Some reviews were not all bad.

9. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jeeeezus Marshe, get over yourself. Do all of us a favor and stop posting your smug, negative, condescending bullshit. It's tired. Please, add SOMETHING to the board that people can actually use.

My wife and I will be looking for another AO resort to enjoy in Cancun, and we were considering TTR. But we're not sure now. I wouldn't want to go to a place where dicks such as yourself stare down their noses at people and tell them how to have a good time.

Have fun in your misery.

10. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im glad you feel the same way.. Awhile back, steve told him to knock his shit off. He did for a bit, but its amazing that steve says he will be gone for awhile, and marshe pops up again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice