For those switching reservations to TTR...

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by cancunfirsts, May 6, 2014.

1. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you celebrating a few birthdays on the 20th? Hopefully this isn't perceived as impolite.

2. cancunfirsts

cancunfirsts Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you write the truth, summerbum. I'd love to try out TTR and be able to party as much or as little as I'd like. It is just a matter of convincing my wife. She's "Beachaholic" on here. Someone hassle her please :)

3. Carolinacouple

Carolinacouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you just imagine if TTR had the GOV's beach ? Whew ! They could probably double their prices and get away with it. Generally speaking a lousy beach has always been one of the things that turn off those die hard beach bums no matter how good a vibe. I guess that is why everyone had such high hopes for GOV. There is also something to be said about a place being to big as well. Many of use don't like to go above 3 floors. It's a bummer to be wasted and having to wait on an elevator to take you up 10 or more floors to your room....haha.

4. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may want to look at the Golden Parnassus. It has an AMAZING beach (I would walk an hour each way feeling very safe, unlike at TTR), is also adults only, topless optional with 9 bars, 4 restaurants that don't need reservations, a buffet and snack place serving burgers etc open almost 24 hrs by the pool and free 24 hr room service. There is a lounge with pool tables, music and some entertainment and the Tiki bar sitting almost on the beach to hang out at night. Staff is great as at TTR and if you want you can go to the sister resort for dinner or the shows there. It's not as crazy at TTR but still very fun.
    I arrive at GOV on Friday since it was between the 2 so I'm hoping for a fun time there. Wish me luck, 2 more sleeps.

5. es.black

es.black Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've only been to TTR once before May 2013 but really it was just fun not rowdy or crazy in any way. It was a party at one or two place and the entire rest of the resort was quiet. We could go into the loud area and play or stay out (which was most of the resort) and relax if we wished. If you looking for fun go to the sexy pool during the day if you want relaxing there are two other pools and large area to just sit and relax. We love TTR

6. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We will be celebrating BDs all week lol! Marlin's is the 16th and Tony's is the 19th. Going on the Boobs Cruise on the 19th as well.
    Michelle

7. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tony is brave to go on the Boobs Cruise on his BD. lol

8. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Trust me, It won't be the first time Chinos humiliated him on his BD! He's made many rounds at the BBG pool (TTR back in the day) in a thong and condom hat!! Oh, the good ole days.
    Michelle

9. M and A

M and A Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    May 18th at the Pool

May 18th at the pool for all May birthdays! The Wife's is the 13th but we don't get there until the 15th. See yall there!

10. Sam and Heather

Sam and Heather Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Been to TTR 4 times... first time was like the typical newbies...second time sat on the beach- booked reservations at the various restaurants...and talked to no one (needed a chill adult week for ourselves), the last two times we connected with a few Cancuncare folks and found some middle ground.

The "frat" part you refer to is simply where you decide to hang your hat during the day, at dinner...and after.

Enjoy the place any way that suits you!

hope that helps you to realize each of us participates to various degrees...all at the same time...lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice