GOV is to close

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, May 5, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've been hearing rumours from several different sources for the last month or two but it seems pretty certain now that GOV will be closing and reopening as a family resort under the Dreams brand run by AM resorts.

Please don't send me any PM's about this I don't know anything more than posted here and am simply posting links from official sources. I will also be out of contact for a while as I am flying to the UK tomorrow for a wedding.

Here are two snippets from official travel sites released today:

Grand Oasis resort in Cancun to convert to Dreams brand - Travel Weekly

AMResorts to Reopen Grand Oasis Viva as Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa | Travel Agent Central

2. MardiGrastoCancun

MardiGrastoCancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting. I guess this will be our first and last visit to this property.

3. Liquid Slap

Liquid Slap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wonder if it's too late for me to switch to a different resort now. I'm 16 days out..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Glad we didn't book already. Probably back to the Golden. They are about $500 cheaper anyway.

5. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Where is Golden? Kinda bummed about this move. We had a great time here and were going back in March for our anniversary. Any suggestions?

6. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    My hubby and I have been to Golden and found it to be very low key almost borderline boring. TTR can be out of control at time but at least they have the quiet pool and with a swim up bar. You just may consider making the jump.

7. Matt_Diana

Matt_Diana Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What a waste. Oh well they only did a half ass job anyways. But losing the competition for Temp doesn't help any of us.....

8. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are in the same boat. We are 12 days out. I am going to have to have an extra drink when I get there. Ya, More booze. I feel better already.

9. 23hooter

23hooter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This explains a lot. We just got home yesterday from 10 days at GOV. At the beginning we told everybody from CCC, it was great meeting everybody, that we would come back if the price was right. In that time we actually went to Isla Mujeres to spend a night just to get away from the place. Couldn't understand how much the place had changed. Anyway, spent the last 2 days there and all we could do was laugh, because we were actually looking forward to going home. We took pictures of the line at the omelet station, 20 deep and the line to get in the restaurant, 40 deep. No seats in the restaurant. We were gonna do a trip report, but didn't have time and didn't know how to explain it. Also hate to say this, but the best entertainment in the afternoon was Chinos on the microphone making fun of all of us for being at the seniors citizen center. The place had tons of potential but management was horrible. I feel sorry for the few good servers that we met.

10. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    does anyone know when they will be closing to remodel. We are going june 3-10

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice