Grand Oasis Viva (GOV) VS Temptation (TTS) initial Review

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Jandbex, May 2, 2014.

1. Atlantasweetie

Atlantasweetie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We leave on Thursday for TTR (6 nights) then GOV for (3 nights) will definitely be doing a trip report of our experiences. We have always had a great time wherever we have stayed. Just a few more days till the fun begins!:biggrinbandit:

2. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    With all due respect, it's the comparisons of the two that have been enormously helpful for us. I think there are probably two types of us stalking these reviews: those of us who found GOV through Cancuncare, have been to TTR, and wonder if GOV is a good alternative, and those of us who found GOV first, then found this site and couldn't care less about TTR. We're all looking for different angles on the reviews.

3. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    This is us.

4. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    Let's get to some hard hitting questions regarding comparisons:

How are the glasses/cups used for drinks at GOV? They can't be worse than TTR.

How are the specialty drinks at GOV?

Does GOV have "sexy coffee"?

Are the afternoon burgers at GOV as good as the late night burgers at TTR?

These are the things I need to know.

5. GandM

GandM Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0

We did 10 days at GOV in January. We also did 10 days at TTR in April. In a nutshell if anyone is going to GOV hoping for a TTR type of holiday, based on what we experienced you will be disappointed. That's not to say you won't have a good time, but it will be a different kind of good time.

My answers to your questions.

"How are the glasses/cups used for drinks at GOV? They can't be worse than TTR."

I think they might be worse. We normally drink wine and beer. At Coyotes it was always served in a plastic glass. At PatyO's it could be a wine glass, regular glass or plastic. I guess it depends on what's available.

"How are the specialty drinks at GOV?"

We didn't order many of these. Once I tried to get a mojito at Coyotes and was told they don't make mojitos there so I went back to beer.

"Does GOV have "sexy coffee"?"

I didn't see this at GOV. But then again I never asked for one. I did see sexy coffee being served up at the Italian restaurant at TTR.

"Are the afternoon burgers at GOV as good as the late night burgers at TTR?"

No they are not. Late night burgers at PatyO's win hands down.

6. Jandbex

Jandbex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agree with all of the answers.

Also the breakfast at TTR is 100x better. They don't even have sliced bread at GOV!

7. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Everything taste better at 2am. Lol. Paty O burgers are just frozen patty's. It's nice to have that option though. I hear you can't get food at Viva after 10pm

8. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    It's like comparing Cancuncare to Trip Advisor

Anyway I just saved $ by switching to Vodka

9. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    The cups are small at GOV........always good to bring your own, bigger, cooler, and sealed top.

Specialty drinks & Sexy Coffee.......GOV has the VIP Lounge (open from morning to about 10pm) which makes awesome specialty coffee drinks.....and good martinis etc also.

Drunken 2am burgers will always win......even at McDonald's lol. Gotta' admit I always loved the TTR burgers......but it was somewhere around that 2-4am whenever I had them. Afternoon burgers at GOV were small and nothing to write home about.......we did like the chicken tenders though......and the option of eating lunch pool side at the Mexican, White Box or Sushi Bar.

10. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    We had a great time at GOV also.......loved it. We went in early March and there was some overflow of springbreakers from the main Oasis resort......which probably helped with the party scene at GOV. They were very respectful and entertaining. We've also been to TTR twice and loved it. Some areas can be compared, some can't........both are great in our opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice