Grand Oasis Viva (GOV) VS Temptation (TTS) initial Review

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Jandbex, May 2, 2014.

1. Jandbex

Jandbex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This initial review is a MUST for anyone thinking of visiting Grand Oasis Viva GOV

Only been here 2 days and will follow the thread up with a full review but already will sum it up for anyone who is thinking about booking this over TTR..

grand Oasis GOV has all the makings of an exceptional luxury resort. Unfortunately the reality is nothing seems to be "followed through".

By this I mean the branding in the brochure is very clean and has obviously been done by a good marketing company. However, the values and concept of this hotel isn't followed through by the staff or the whole feel of the hotel.

It's like going round a rich friends house (one whos never entertained before) and them sticking on some music. The surroundings are amazing but the vibe and personality just isn't there. Nothing flows. Nothing is consistent.

You can see the cost cuttings clearly;

Servers lack of English
    Breakfast buffet selection (or lack of)... I've never been to an hotel in the world without sliced bread!! It's very disappointing as the lunch/ dinner is much better quality and selection
    Bar staff inefficiency/ only 1 person serving drinks and not in order. Long waits sometimes!

At breakfast you have to wait to be seated. A pointless exercise, as the staff don't follow through with drinks orders etc. I can see what they are trying to achieve here but again the luxury concept hasn't been followed through

Staff seem to lack purpose and I've seen at least 5 or 6 wondering around already this morning like they have nothing to do.. Hey guys how about you go out and get some SLICED BREAD ;)
    When you walk into them (as in both people are trying to pass each other.. You know what I mean) they aren't quick to move for you as you would expect.

GOV is far more laid back and doesn't feel "hip" or naughty like its trying to be.

If I was to book again I'd do 7 nights in Temptation and 3 at GOV

TTS is much older and really needs a face lift, however the brand and concept is carried out perfectly. The concept of Temptation is apparent in everything about the hotel.

As I say, I will post a full review of both soon but wanted to give you my opinion first.... Anyway back to the pool!

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. steveandjudy

steveandjudy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time to write a quick review. We have a week to go before we get to see for ourselves how it compares.

3. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    Thank you for the review. We booked GOV but I am having a case of buyer's remorse, wondering if we made the right choice.

4. Jandbex

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are you looking for? Quieter and doing your own thing or party vibe?

Why not book both?

5. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Let's all really stop comparing the two. It's not the same owner or place. TTR is great and the party's like no other but the facility's have a lack luster feel. But who cares we love the party and the staff. Viva will come around with the entertainment. I will say this though if you had all the people come over from TTR to viva for a week everyone's reviews would be really different.

6. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    We had a great time at TTR last year and enjoyed the service at the resort. The vibe at GOV looks fine for us. We had a blast at the sexy pool and enjoyed the beach for winding down. I would just like to see some posts that the service is good at GOV.

Booking both is a possibility, but we are the types that once we get settled, packing up and moving is not something we're too interested in doing.

We have a couple of months still, so I'm just taking in all feedback.

7. britun2

britun2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting and look forward to the full TR.

We go in June and we're not looking for TTR V2.0 but a more mellow and relaxing time.
    However, we do see a pattern developing about the lack of service!

Hope it gets better! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

8. Jandbex

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry GAndC but The service on the whole ISN'T good at GOV. We're here right now and people aren't anywhere near as friendly, helpful or efficient here vs TTS for example.

As for comparing the 2 resorts, I agree they aren't going for the same thing, but GOV desperately needs to find its identity and reinforce it throughout the staff and everything else will fall into place,

Been told there is an extra layer of management, a consultancy pulled in to create the new vibe they're looking for. This explains the lack of clarity

9. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    I'd take so so facilities over hoping and wishing for the entertainment to come around finally any day of the week

10. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    All I can say is when we were at Gov our service was terrific along with everything else.We have been TTR as well and found it superior to TTR ,but hey that's our opinion. We didn't compare because there is no comparison, the only thing the same is topless, we have fun with the people we meet no matter where we have gone, just don't try to compare and you'll definitely enjoy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice