Theme night participation???

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by NatashaandJoel, Apr 24, 2014.

1. NatashaandJoel

NatashaandJoel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I will be going to GOV May 4th-May 9th and I am wondering if anyone that has recently been to GOV can shed some light on how intense the participation is on the theme nights and exactly how to dress (a lot on or a little on LOL) We have never been to Cancun or to an inclusive so we are just wanting to understand what to expect and what to pack! Thanks in advance!!

2. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Our friends who got back two weeks ago said only about three women dressed up one night, and they went back and changed into regular clothes. They also said the crowd at Coyote was more of a tank top and shorts group than a dress to impress group.

We've been to several AIs, and it's usually anything goes at night. Some people love to dress up and flaunt it, and others feel like vacation=flip flops, period.
    So, I guess it's basically like any other vacation--just wear what you and your hubby enjoy the most. Bring options so you can with your mood each night.

If you really want to make the theme happen, bring things you would be willing to lend to new friends--at TTR, there are always people who didn't know about themes but wish they could join in.

3. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    I second what Laura said. Maybe you should write a book for newbies :aktion033:

Take options and wear what you are comfortable and feeling for that night. You can change several times too. So just let loose, don't over think it, and have fun.

4. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A whole lot of little! lol

5. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be there the same time!! I am gonna dress up!!! I wear uniforms all the time for work... Time to feel girly in Cancun!!! Lol

6. Norreg

Norreg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just returned a week ago and were very disappointed with the theme nights. No one dressed for the themes.

7. NatashaandJoel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I am bringing things for the themes but seeing as how we are new and I am still a bit unsure I am also taking extras LOL!! Hope to see you there!! Almost time yay!

8. NatashaandJoel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for sharing! Other than that how was it? A good time I hope :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice