Trip Report 04/06-10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Mark and Staci, Apr 11, 2014.

1. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    too bad you didnt go when you first planned on with us. We had zero issues and loved it. Maybe I missed it but did you book an upgraded Spice room? It was a cheap upgrade and ensured a new modern room.

2. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    The people we met and partied with were great. Our issues were about the room, the buffet food and lack of A/C or fans, and being sorely understaffed.

I think for what we paid, the rooms should not leak wind and water like a sieve.

We had a great time with some crazy Californians and Canadians...but overall were disappointed in the resort.

3. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Wow....we haven't been on the forum for awhile. What a change in TRs from when we went in Feb! We had a great time at GOV. Our room was awesome (we did upgrade to a suite) and had no complaints about the food or drinks. We partied our butts off! Our only real complaint was the lack of A/C in Coyote Bar. As far as travel experience we have been to Cancun 25 times Jamaica 3 times DR twice and Cabo twice. As someone mentioned GOV seems hit or miss...just glad we were there on a good week!
    Cheers!

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Glad your trip was fun. Sounds like the only way to get a nice room was to fork out more $$$ (which alot of people do). We had a "standard" room with double beds (that I specifically emailed about NOT getting) that was in line with something from Motel 6. I could run down the issues for you if you'd like. We were there 5 days, and from the start at check in, we had problems. We are really not picky or spoiled by any means, but this was the worst resort we've had in 5 years. If you'd like to know the issues we had, I will tell you. Other than meeting some great people, we feel like we wasted our money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice