Trip Report 04/06-10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Mark and Staci, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Plenty! Have you seen Texas women??? LOL

I agree with the prices at TTR, but for us, the GOV will not be our other "go to". First time ever we have been ready to leave.

Speaking of TTR prices.....we booked 9 nights in July for $1360 (no airfare) through Alpharooms. Good price.

2. Mark and Staci

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We rotate from friends to friends about twice a month. We can usually be found March-November, on a patio, on a Saturday evening, adults only, ribs and brisket smoking, cold beer in hand, music jamming, talking about the naughty things we did/do in Mexico, and waiting for the women to get just enough Margaritas in them to start showing off! :mnm:

3. FUN IN THE SUN

FUN IN THE SUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0
    Actually we are Really fond of the Texas women we know! LOL...
    We always go in February and the price has been rising yearly. However it's not about the $ (yet), it's about the party, people, and service for us.
    Airfare is a large part of our cost coming from MN.
    WE LOVE TEXAS

4. Mark and Staci

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Yes....the airfare even for us in Texas is a killer right now. Im waiting for another month, hoping it will drop at least some.

We love Texas too!

5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Well now you are just tortuing us!
    Smoked brisket and ribs I can almost smell 'em. DAMN U!

Come to think of it. . . Today is Saturday, btween March and November.

Hey u r holding out on us aren't U?
    You R smoking up some grub right now aren'T YA!

Where in the gr8 state of Texas R u?
    Plz say Austin.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's me and several others on here. What does it say about people to hope things get fixed before their trip? Ive stayed at many all-inclusive's that were nicer than TTR, but the people make the trip for us. You can in fact make a party. Also, the underlying themes of these trip reports seem to be that they are understaffed and some of the rooms are horrible. If they're renovating, and they hire staff, why can't the service/resort improve? I don't think that is too much to ask/rectify.

As far you guys go, msmcrae- as I'm saddened to hear that you did not have a good time. I would be disappointed too, you spend harder and money and expect certain kinds of service and amenities. :(.

Seems like the overselling/under delivering thing is definitely a problem! These reports are leaving us on the fence for our December trip. You sound like us, we are not really complainers but the truth is definitely what we need to hear, thank you for posting your report.

7. okc_mark

okc_mark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like our place in Oklahoma City as well!!!!!

I agree with your thoughts while on vacation!!!!

We were also nervous after booking TTR / Cabo, after reading reviews; but, it ended up being one of the best vacations we had ever had!!!

We were going to TTR when it was still known as BBG; but we are looking for a change of pace. Plus, the trip was over $500 cheaper.

We appreciate your TR, and sorry you didnt have a GREAT vacation....

8. okc_mark

okc_mark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like our place in Oklahoma City as well!!!!!

I agree with your thoughts while on vacation!!!!

We were also nervous after booking TTR / Cabo, after reading reviews; but, it ended up being one of the best vacations we had ever had!!!

We were going to TTR when it was still known as BBG; but we are looking for a change of pace. Plus, the trip was over $500 cheaper.

We appreciate your TR, and sorry you didnt have a GREAT vacation...

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    After reading the TR, all I've got to say is....

Hmmm, I was worried about that. We all work our assess off doing what we do the other 48 to 50 weeks of the year so we can "Go & Do" and we don't forget that the 48 to 50 are what get us there... so when we get there, it had better live up to the billing. Literally, in some cases.

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    100 percent spot on review. We were fortunate to receive a nice room, but we got there before noon. Maybe that helped. The beach is amazing and the new friends were better. It is unsettling to see so much potential be lessened by a very poor staff. I still do not understand restaurants having a set menu or everyone has to order the same food. I will consider the resort again if a fun group is going. But we will likely vacation elsewhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice