New GOV Trip Reports?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by aggiemike, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    As I said waiting patiently to see if the November trip will be a combo. The reviews I just read...well....let's just say I "value" your opinion and will wait for your trip report. (Still jealous you are going WITHOUT ME.)

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    this was going to be our relax time.. now we're thinking we may have to drink extra tequila to get through this.. LOL and we hear there is a liquor store across the street..hmmm

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Liquor store , restaurants, bars, clubs , and 2 massage places , your all set.

4. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I agree that you have to take into account that they're working while you're playing--but their JOB is to make sure clients have a good time--and it sounds like GOV's management doesn't give them the tools to do this.

When I'm on vacation, I am very respectful, friendly, and appreciative of the staff. I try to do what I can to make their jobs easier and make sure my expectations are reasonable. But being in a situation where I'd be expected to PITY them and accept that they can't take care of me because they're "too busy" is just ridiculous.

I've been to five other AI's in Mexico. Workers were bustling at every single one. But the very vast majority have been warm, smiling, could stop and chat with you and would go out of their way to fulfill a request. From what I'm hearing, GOV's motto could be "Where our staff doesn't know you and doesn't give a sh#t"?

5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    You are on fire today with your posts.
    So do the right thing and cancel your booking.
    U know you want to.

6. summerbum

Ratings:
    +738 / 0

Yeah...cuz I'm sitting her drinking COFFEE! Threaten me with no coffee in the morning, and LOOK OUT!!!!!
    :aktion034:

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    I hear ya.
    I need half a pot before I even brush my hair at home.
    On vaca, after drinking all day and night, and lil sleep, I do an entire pot b4 I leave the room.
    Marilyn is pretty ornery as well, evry morning, and needs a cup of java b4 she returns to her effervescent persona.
    In fact, her dependacy is so vital that she trained herself to drink it black years ago, so as not to risk any cream or sugar shortfalls or malfunctions.

Needless to say, if WE suffered the GOV experience, there would be a bill for damages!

8. crissynchris

crissynchris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Just throwing this out there: it took me a few days to figure it out (not sure HOW lol) but there is a coffee station in the restaurant where the breakfast buffet is. You don't even have to go in to where you are seated, it is right by the door. They have 3 or 4 canisters of coffee, creamer, and sugars, etc. Once I found that I was good to go :)

9. summerbum

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    And here's yet ANOTHER example of services not being announced or explained to guests. Right along with theme nights pool activities and air conditioners. I perceive a pattern of staff leaving guests to sink or swim. ..literally, in some of the leaky rooms!

10. crissynchris

crissynchris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0

Well, yes and no. I DID walk right by it every morning. I mean literally, it is right there to the left of the door when you walk in. I have no idea how I didn't see it, but oh well... live and learn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice