New GOV Trip Reports?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by aggiemike, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Scott'N'Jenn

Scott'N'Jenn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    We will let you know in a couple of weeks :)

2. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    donald, I think I'll write my T.R in french so there's
    no one here that will bash me :)) Good Night!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

3. lfiess

lfiess Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good or bad trip reports are very helpful. But opinions are like assholes. ..everyone has one.

4. Dub&Scarlett

Dub&Scarlett Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...and they generally all stink! Just sayin'...

5. gordonward

gordonward Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some terrible reports on trip advisor recently. My wife is becoming more worried by the day seeing as we are booked in here middle of may for two weeks. Keep telling her it can't be worse than the al diwan hotel that we stayed in at eygpt.

6. steveandjudy

steveandjudy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Gordonward, tell your wife to look on tripadvisor and review a place that she loved. I can guarantee that someone will have slammed it. I don't know why some people believe that places are so horriffic that they slam in their trip reports. I believe it is based upon their lack of travel or high expectations. I just returned from two nights at the Waldorf Astoria and expect great service because of the price. I love that they offer a bottle of water while waiting for the car and the beds turned down at night. For the prices I almost expect them to tuck me in. However, what I pay for a trip to Cancun to an all inclusive for the week. IMHO it is well worth the money. We pay more than double for the trips to all-inclusives in the Dominican Republic. I think they are better of course but thats because we pay MORE and we TIP the staff. Don't worry about the trip. Its time away and if its not what you expect try another place next time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. We were nervous leaving TTR to try this but for the price I couldn;t get a room here locally for what I pay to fly, eat, drink, and party down there for two people a day! In that perspective its already a homerun!

7. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I know the GOV is offering/exploring a new concept, its been in the works for a couple months and really I'm not expecting to much the beginning of May when we arrive.
    However what I do find odd is how some reports say the place is awesome people have a great time and others find it so horrible.. then again someone got their panties in a knot over laundry... so I don't know.
    The only way I think is to go. I can't base if or if not I'm going to try this place because of what someone else thinks.. first I don't know these people not sure what they were expecting.. We got a great deal for our week, and we plan on upgrading.
    I'm a firm believer that your vacation is what you put into it, and if your expecting someone else to make your vacation perfect then go to one of those 5* resorts.
    We are pretty excited about our week at the GOV and really don't think any of these Trip Adviser reports will change our minds.

8. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just got back and will do a long review later but short review is there is no service, and the people working there are the most unhappy people I have ever seen in Mexico. I wanted to love it but just couldnt. We wont go back....

9. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Okay now this I find discouraging I met you guys last year and I'm inclined to believe you .. this is not good. Looking forward to what happened.. :icon_cry:

10. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    That's too bad you didn't have a good experience , we found the exact opposite and all was great, must have hot a bad week or we must have hit a really good one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice