First timer - need your opinions please

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Stevonia, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0
    We are planning a trip to Cancun the last week of May. We have looked at reviews and read posts here on Cancuncare. We have pretty much narrowed it down to Grand Oasis Viva or Golden Parnassus. We would very much appreciate some replies from people who have been to one place or the other or both with the reason you are suggesting GOV or GP. We are a late 40's couple, not swingers but seeking an adult atmosphere.

2. JeffnNik

JeffnNik Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just curious - why are you not also considering Temptation?

3. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0
    TTR

Temptation seemed a little wild for us but we could be convinced otherwise.

4. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    depends on how far you can let loose, Temptation is by far the most exciting resort full of people that are open minded that dont mind some nudity and a total party place, it is not a swinger resort if you are worried about that. There are swingers there but will not bite you unless you Ask. its like a large frat party for the middle age. GOV resort is alot less partying, more relaxed, then GP IS way below both what we call Boring. A typical resort.

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Actually Temptation also has a quiet pool for those who don't want to party hard during the day as well. I've personally seen it once to verify its existence!

But all things considered I've heard nice things about the Golden Parnassus and Grand Oasis Viva as well.

Only knock I've really heard on GP is that bumping to the sister family resort happens more often that other places I've heard of and GOV is still creating their own identity.

Wherever you decide to go have a fun time!

6. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Check our trip report for gov ,we were there in feb and had a fantastic time,very clean and updated resort unlike others we have been to.If you want adult fun but at an adult pace gov is the spot,Temptation is fun but been there three times and we were seeing no improvements to facilities,sorry but its getting tired and they are unwilling to listen to recommendations,don't get me wrong we always had fun their but we enjoyed the gov better simply because they tried to accommodate you and it was much cleaner and classier and a way better beach

7. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    We love TTR as well but are trying GOV this year for the exact reasons you have just stated...We are getting excited now...only 15 more sleeps :)

8. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    We'd suggest GOV. We haven't been there yet........but have close friends that have. If you want to act like a college kid on Spring Break.........go to TTR! If you want a nicer resort.........with more of a chill atmosphere......try GOV. We're doing TTR for 2 sleeps.......GOV for 5 sleeps......and Desire Pearl for 3.......all in mid-late July!

9. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    we all are looking forward to your trip report on all 3 resorts, Tell us Which one you had the most fun with.

10. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We witnessed plenty of college kids hitting GOV early March. For some reason, unexplainable, they were more respectful than the kids that we have witnessed at TTR. We have no regrets going to GOV, was a MUCH CLASSIER and more beautiful beach than TTR. Easy decision for us in the comparison of the two resorts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice