ATM Trip Report 2/15-2/23, 2014

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 25, 2014.

1. K-Passa

K-Passa Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    We can not agree more with this last part of the report. We had a terrible room and asked to be moved. The ceiling had a leak and the plaster was falling on the night stand. The T.V. was nothing but static and the remote did not work. The hair dryer didn't work the first night we got there. Two times we didn't get wash rags and had to call the desk for them. Finally had to go down and get them ourselves. Refrigerator did not keep anything cold, and we had issues with the safe.
    We talked to the desk and told them we were not happy, and they really didn't seem to care. WE have sent a letter to the hotel when we got home, but have not heard anything back.
    I am not saying it was a terrible trip. It is not the hotel we go for. It is the friends we have made over the years. I have stayed in worse places. Just thought they would have a different attitude when there are other hotels starting to compete with them.
    Our group could go to any hotel and still have a great time.
    We will be watching the forum very closely over the coming months and see if things change any. Still going to take a vacation on week 8 just not sure if it will be there or not.

2. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0

This is true for TTR and for most of life it seems!

Great trip report,

SF

3. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    Love this TR! Had me hurting from laughing so hard numerous times!
    I agree, we went in November and the place was falling apart, but being with the friends we had met three years before make up for it. I believe a good chunk of us dont come for the luxury, but the people.
    That being said, I do wish they would care about comments and feed back and make some changes and updates, it is my understanding it is one of the oldest hotels on the island...so updates and upgrades would not be unexpected but truly appreciated.
    We are premier members but dont take advantage of some of the "benefits" because it just feels snobby and I'm usually dancing and Paty O's and on a bar stool, dancing, participating or mingling at sexy pool. Just wanted the RCI benefits cuz kid lives in Boston and can get better rates to visit LOL, plus the premium liquor.:headbanger:
    Just FYI, I would have done the same thing as Ms. Capt on the island, but if the guy touched me, I would have decked him before my Mr. would have had time to react.

4. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I hate to write a buzzkill Monday morning reply, but for what we pay to go to TTR in Feb, we expect a higher quality of room, for sure. Since I'm hungover about every other day at TTR, I need a comfortable AIR CONDITIONED room, which we did not have this time around. A lot of ppl going to TTR are used to nice Vegas hotel-quality rooms, not shithole Motel 6 in the middle of BFE-quality rooms. I don't go to TTR for the food and although agree w the Morgans in general abt restaurant service, we did notice restaurant service was a tiny but faster than last year.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We really, really hoped GOV would attract the TTR style people as the rooms and food look so much nicer. Those things do matter to us. But not nearly as much as the party that you get at TTR matters. So hopefully either more and more people migrate to GOV to give it a great party atmosphere (I know it won't be the same as TTR, nor are they trying to be the same, but they still could have their own great party with the people that make ttr so great) or ttr makes improvements to rooms and food. Really hope it is the latter. Note, just our opinion, sometimes when we mention this people get mad for some reason saying rooms and food don't matter, they do to us. We want our cake and to be able to eat it too (without getting sick or being shocked by a broken lamp while eating it :) )

We are trying pearl as a result. Willing to give a little on one front to get a little on the other.

6. dnlb

dnlb Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    We've apparently been very lucky at TTR, we've had nice rooms where everything worked, even with the weird window into the bathroom, and have never had an issue with any of the food. I think the restaurants sometimes try to focus on the experience and not speed, when we did the Italian or Chinese we went with friends and visited extensively, so we didn't realize the time that it took. I think we spent about 2 hours at each tho.

I agree there are improvements that should be made, but I also know that when I stay at 4 star or 5 star places in Cancun I pay a lot more, and seriously don't enjoy it as much. It will be very interesting to see what GOV will do to the mix.

7. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen and Kyle--I hope you write a TR about Pearl! We are very curious about Pearl.

Ryan and I will continue to go to TTR because as many have stated, the party, people, and atmosphere can't be beat. We are thinking of spending a few days either at Pearl or GOV on the back end of the trip next year as well.

8. FloridaToCancun

FloridaToCancun (CEO) Chief Executive Octoberbreasters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    GREAT trip report! Can't wait to meet you both for Octoberbreast 2014!!!!

April

9. Netcruizer99

Netcruizer99 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Our room was pretty nice. While we were there, they were refreshing the bottom floor rooms 5701-14. Including putting frosted glass in the funky bathroom window, replacing the A/c fans, painting, etc. I suspect our room was a refresh right before we got there. So we don't have any complaints about the room, but I can see how others could have gotten a bad room. Hopefully, they're refreshing all of the rooms.

10. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Great trip report.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice