Price comparisons......

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Mark and Staci, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Just looking at rebooking after the fiasco of losing a passport. GOV $150 a night for the dates we are looking at.....TTR..... $250-330. Quite a difference!

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

what dates ? with or without air ? departure airport ?

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, its around $140 /nite higher at TTR. If your willing to stay in a Non-spice (non- upgraded) room, then the difference is a bit more if you want oceanview. All GOV rooms are oceanview (no extra $$$).

4. Luv_2_travel

Luv_2_travel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Newbies

We have only been to cancun once. Stayed at the Secrets of the vine. It was a beautiful resort but not very exciting. We thought there would be more going on since it was an adults only resort. We have thought about TTR since it sounds like it would be very exciting but we like a nice beach and have read you don't go to TTR for the beach. After reading about GOV on this forum it sounded like a good place to get our feet wet and it was $500 cheaper than TTR for the dates in June we were looking at.

5. steveandjudy

steveandjudy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Since GOV has opened and getting more bookings the price of TTR is going down. We have been to TTR in May the past three years. Each time the price keeps going up and not in small dollar amounts. I know its not TTR but its not going to get better if people dont go and make it better. Remember it is only 8 weeks since the change over. TTR is what it is because of the people not the resort. You dont go to TTR for the food or the beach! We are spoiled in S. Florida because it is quick and less expensive for us to fly over to Cancun. I got GOV with airfare for just under $100 a person per day. Sorry but its worth the journey to try it. Maybe, just maybe by booking somewhere else I might help by telling TTR to not jab all the groups who book every year at the same time.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    No apologies needed, we don't shoot people for leaving the group.
    You will have to redo you r initiation though .

Totally agree , prices were getting out of hand, healthy competition is always good , and the prices did go down.

7. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't forget about the discount codes. On Orbitz, "bikini" is worth a 20% discount on GOV for hotel only !!!

8. SL-UT

SL-UT Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    If the groupon is still valid it's the hands down way to go if you're traveling over the next few months.

We recently dropped the last two nights of our May TTR trip to check out GOV.
    Only saving $25 a night over the Ref. rate.

9. SL-UT

SL-UT Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    What Steve and Judy are saying is the strait up truth. The only justification for the sky high rates at TTR is the mass group of repeaters and we all jump on the forum to reinforce there assumption that we're all coming back. I can book my favorite five star resort down in Rivera Maya for roughly the same money as TTR and get all amenities that come with a true five star resort (minus 90-100 of the coolest/half naked people on the planet) including a mile long white sand beach.

I think that it's foolish to think GOV will ever the same as TTR and why should it be? But if there is even relatively small groups of maybe 5-10 couples there it could be a good alternative and the competition in the adult resort CCC universe is good for all of us.

I think a few organized day pass takeovers would really show us if GOv is ready to party.

10. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Just for some price comparison thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone is interested.

We just booked MSP-CUN for 9 days at the end of May on Delta (using Orbitz). After discount code TTR ended up being $ 3015. GOV is showing $ 2509 for the same dates, flights, etc.

So a difference of about $ 54/night.

We ended up booking TTR (only our 2nd trip there and we're also meeting some other friends from our last trip).

Just wanted to show a comparison for reference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice