Newbie Trip report for Newbies.

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by soldier4402, Oct 28, 2013.

1. T&C.

T&C. Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    We really liked the report also. The people that vacation here definitely make the resort what it is and one to return to over and over.

2. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    A very fact based TR; spot on!

SF

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yep, agree with others very good trip report from a first timer perspective. I think sometimes us multi-peaters can tend to overlook or forgive some of the things that could be improved.

The only thing I might counter is the pouring back of alcohol in the bottle. I don't doubt your word that it did happen, but possibly not for the reasons you may think.

Some people like a drink strong and some like it weak, most like it somewhere in the middle. Maybe he poured too much and reduced it back to the 'standard pour'. Since they are 'free', drinks that are too strong tend to get left to one side to be eventually thrown away and folks order another one almost immediately.

So, it probably was to reduce the amount of alcohol used but perhaps not in the way one might think. For the most part the alcohol is 'cheap shit', and some of those guys have been making 500 drinks a day for the last 10 years and tend to know how most people like them.

Best thing to do is to ask for your drink how you like it. I often ask for a strong drink and my wife often asks for just a little alcohol, they are always happy to oblige either way. They'll add another shot of liquor or pour away some and add more mixer if it's not quite right for your individual taste.

Thanks for the A++++ review on the Boobs Cruise too, glad you enjoyed it :)

4. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Thanks Steve and I agree and undertand what your saying. Like I said it didnt ruin my trip by any means, I just had a few experiences that were concentrated at Diegos Pool bar that were not favorable. Not really complaining or anything just stating what I saw, I have been on 4-5 cruises, multiple all inclusives, went to college, I have seen lots of drinked poured over the years, and I just felt TTR and in particular the pool bar made good drinks but didnt put enough loud mouth soup in them, which to be honest didnt matter to me I could have asked, but I drank it and got another, lol.

And thanks for your candidness on my review. My point was to painta unbias picture for all categories and then come up with my final review/report. Like you said after reading reviews I think some of them are being done through rose colored glasses, but I also saw reviews where it was rated low because WiFi didnt work, I mean come on really.

My maint point to get across was the resort is a 3/4 star resort just is what it is, you get what you pay for. You can not expect to pay burger prices and but get filet for dinner. I think TTR can improve their food that was the biggest ding. They have two hot lines in the buffet which are identical which I know they do it to help with flow, but if they were to have different things at both lines and even the same food quality I think they would jump up in my mind, but then again more selection means more time, more cooks and more money, so again it is what it is. It could have been because low room fill rate, but one nice thing was there was no lines to eat, I have been at resorts and if you dont get in line before the doors open you will be in a line of 100 people and wait 30mins in line to get food.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. oldies_but_newbies

oldies_but_newbies Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    One of the more objective reviews I've read. No agenda, no ax to grind; "just the facts, ma'am".

I'd say our experience matched up to about 90% of Soldier's experience, and we had a great time as well.

Thanks for the review.

6. Jay & Shan

Jay & Shan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report, we really appreciate the time you put in to let us newbies what to expect.

I did have one stupid question for those that say bring your own mug. Do they make the drink in your mug, or you just get one/two and dump it in your mug?

7. N&M

N&M Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We ordered lots of ice mixed stuff that went from the blender to the big insulated straw cup. Others were from the shaker to the cup/mug. They did a good job sizing portions to match.

I didn't get anything poured over ice when I had mine with me. Mine also shattered about day 8 when I dropped it on the tile. I'm definitely bringing the foam lined mug like they have in the gift shop as a spare again. I'm charged with finding new appropriate cups again for next week--colorful, insulated, screw top lid, 22oz+ and maybe able to survive a drop.

8. mrsbud

mrsbud Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is an awesome report!!! Thank you! It's so hard to explain to people! Now I might just share this if that's ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

9. Queenanne

Queenanne Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Thanks for the report. We arrive in one week and are newbies. Omg Can't wait! Sounds like a blast. I've been shopping all week for slutty/flashy clothes. It's quite fun actually since "slutty" is not at all how I'd describe my usual wardrobe.

10. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    The mug is merely for the pool beach area. As the glasses are small plastic cups probably around 12oz glasses maybe even less, fill it with ice your not left with much of a drink. To top it off when its 80-90 degrees drinks do not stay cold long. So you get a mug and it cuts down on multiple trips. I would suggest a mug that is around 20oz and make sure its double wall insulated, walmart has a huge variety. You probably do not want to bring a mug to the club or to dinner, but you can. Also if your going back to the room at night to sit on the patio or in a jacuzzi you have a bigger glass to fill up and bring back with you. I went to the store across the street and bought a bottle of rum so while sitting in the jacuzzi I didnt have to get dressed and run to Patyo's for a drink

The small cup thing is standard at all resorts and not a ding to TTR. We went found the hard way the first time we went to a resort in 2006 that resort was actually a 5 star plus and the cups were paper and probably only about 8-10oz cups. Some people prefer to just use the resorts cups, but we must have had close to a doze people if not more say good idea or wish we would have done that. I would suggest brining some if you use them you use them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice