First Timer Trip Report!

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by dynamite, Oct 21, 2013.

1. dynamite

dynamite Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    I have never done a trip report before but I feel that I should since I got so much help from the people on this site.

First off USA Transfers was awesome. And I will definitely use them again when I travel! They were not much more money than the transfer that Orbitz had but to have a private transfer is so worth it!!!

We arrived at TTR at Noon and we expected our room not to be ready. I asked the young man for a quiet room and he told me that it would be no problem. He also said that our room was ready! We had room 4407 which is the last room in the Hotel. It was on the third floor with a lagoon view. The view was actually nice. Out our front door we also had a view of the ocean. I Loved this location. It was very quiet and the steps and the walk did not bother me at all. I figured that it was my exercise for the week.

The "Timeshare" Lady tried to scoop us up and I politely declined. She told me that it would only take a minute and I again told her no thank you. I told her that I have been to TTR before and she said that many things have changed. I again declined and started to walk away. She then asked me if I read online or if someone told me not to talk to her. I told her that I had a long flight and just wanted to relax. she then tried to get me to see her tomorrow and I again declined and she kinda got smart and told me good luck making reservations to the restaurants. This was the last we heard from her. So take the advice from the board members and avoid at all cost. Many guest complained to us about how much time was wasted by the "tour".

So off to our room we went. We dropped our bags and changed into our suits and hit the tex mex for lunch. Lunch was very good at the tex mex and the wings were a staple in my diet for the 11 days there.

After Lunch we hit the pool and within 5 minutes I saw an orange bracelet on a lady in the pool and I asked them if there were on cancuncare. and that is how we met catherine and sebastien. What a wonderful couple. We met several other great couples in the pool that day and had great drinks. We were both tired and intoxicated so we went to bed at 8:30 pm our first night.

The next day was very fun and we spent the day in the pool again and even participated in the Perfect Couple contest. We won this contest and having the cancuncare people cheering us on was a big help. We actually won a bottle of champagne and two Lobster dinners. as the day went on our "hot tub" in the pool became the place to be and darin and melissa broke out the awic. That is all I have to say about that.

Each day that followed got better and better and on one day we had 35 people in our "hot tub" in the pool one day and people just kept bringing shots. I will tell you that it is a great sight to see one person carrying 35 shots quite impressive tower of glasses.

THE FOOD The food was decent. Not the best I have had a a resort and not the Worst. I defiantly did not go hungry. Italian was my favorite and it had a good variety. The lobster dinners we won were Amazing. Two HUGE Lobster tails. They charge around $40 or so to purchase lobster dinner and It would of been worth the money. Also we only made reservations 4 times out of 11 and never got turned away when we did not have them. Funny how a few dollars can open up a table.

THE BARS I can not say anything bad about the bars. The Bartenders were amazing. By day 2 they remembered my name and what I was drinking. Jacinto got moved into the sports bar at night and was an amazing person. Take some time if you can and talk to these people. They bust their asses to make your stay perfect and they appreciate when you take time and chat with them. Armando, Victor and Herbert were also some of our favorite bar tenders.

Night Life I have never danced so much in my life. My only complaint was that the music stopped at 2am. I also wish that they opened more than just the sports pool at night to swim in. This place could also use a hot tub near the beach for evenings. The staff worked very hard and the shows were both Funny and Entertaining. The "mayor" of Midtober also looks great in a dress. LMAO....

What to wear? This was a huge question I had before going. And I will tell you that you can wear what ever you want. Hell one girl changed several times each night and looked amazing in each outfit. I saw everything from lingerie every night to pasties, to beautiful dresses, to sexy dresses, to slutty dresses, to shorts and t-shirts. With all the different types of outfits it did not matter everyone was together on the dance floor having a blast. If you want to be sexy be sexy, If you want to be slutty be slutty, If you are into latex and leather WEAR IT.. Nothing you can wear will surprise anyone TRUST ME.

AVERAGE AGE I would say the average age was 35-45 but there were also many below and above that age. But age really did not matter. We hung our with 21 year olds and 70 year olds and The age did not make a difference.

Security They were EVERYWHERE. The day we had 35 people in our "hot tub" there were 5 around the pool and 1 up top near the "premium" hot tub and that is what I saw. I'm sure they had a few in the palm trees as well.
    But with that They did not bother us at all and never once told us to stop what we were doing.

Housekeeping We took the advise on here and gave the housekeeper a tip on day one with a note asking for extra water and we were given 5 bottles every day we had our room cleaned. They also really did a great job on the rooms and the towel animals were a great touch.

THE PEOPLE The people is what makes TTR such a good place. I have been to many resorts that were cleaner, with better food, more activities, but I have never been to a place with such an amazing group of people. I will stay away from naming all the great people because I know I will forget someone and that would not be right. I will tell you that I made lifelong friends on this trip.

SWINGER RESORT???? This is a big question I saw here and on trip adviser. I would not call this a "swinger" resort but there defiantly are swingers that go. We were hit on by more than one couple but it was with respect and when we did not take the "bait" it was not like we were shunned. They still wanted to hang out with us and we never felt pressured by anyone or disrespected.

The Bad The only real complaint I have was that I did see a few roaches near the end of our trip and one night they were fumigating the Asian Restaurant.

In Closing We had an amazing trip and the staff work very hard. The people were absolutely amazing. We will definitively be repeaters if the resort is still there.

Thanks to all the people who made our trip so special. Hope to see you all again!!

I will post a thread about my last comment. I had several staff members tell me that they tear down the resort and rebuild. But I will start a thread about that for discussion.

2. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    Great trip report. You mention bait at one pt in your write up. Could you explain that a little more? We have never been to TTR so the advice is helpful.

3. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Nice review! We are very much looking forward to our first time next summer!

4. LT & Jenn

LT & Jenn Princess of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Great review! Sounds like y'all had a great time :)

5. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Great report. Melissa was just talking the other night about how fast you cleaned the wife up in that game. The lobster dinner was well earned on your part.

6. FloridaToCancun

FloridaToCancun (CEO) Chief Executive Octoberbreasters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great trip report!

7. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    I bet you are going to be a repeater....then soon to be addict!
    Great trip report!
    It's saw helpful especially for the Newbies.

8. Don&Olga

Don&Olga Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great trip report...nice to hear you had a great time

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report! Thanks

10. Queenanne

Queenanne Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    That was a great review! I am so excited to hear the dress code is just whatever you feel like. I was really stressing about that. We need to practice being the perfect couple because the lobster sounds wonderful! Sounds like you had a blast. Can't wait till Nov 5th!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice