some Qs

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cromlechi, Sep 29, 2013.

1. cromlechi

cromlechi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello
    We are visiting 13 - 20th Oct. Wondered if anyone could answer some questions:

1. Is the timeshare tour informative even if not interested in purchasing?
    2. We are planning on going to Chichen Itsa is it best to book through hotel?
    3. Does the hotel do to a trip to Coco Bongos?
    4. How much money do you need a day for tipping?
    5. Any recommendations for best places to do some shopping for local products?
    6. Any must sees or other tips?

2. skimedic

skimedic Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 1
    Good questions. We are first timers going December 20-26. I look forward to seeing the answers too.

3. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    1. When you land put your head down and walk out of the airport, that's where the time share starts. At the hotel they will either hound you or you won't see them. Is it informative? It's time share, the resort isn't that big or that nice. So I'd go on a whim and say skip it if your not buying. Save your time and go to the sexy pool.
    2. You can get better deals online, but convenience it is right there.
    3. Yup, every night is a different club.
    4.Depends on how much you tip. Even a modest tipper can go through $20 a day. We've tried both. Tipping well to get better service which doesn't always work. At night when they are swamped don't bother. Cleaner we always tip because well they have to clean our room.
    5.There are no good deals in Mexico now IMO. Walmart prices are identicle to here and shops are not cheap. That said. Leave the front door get on the R1 or R2 bus tell them you want to go to Costco or Walmart or the other direction is the Isle Mall. Nice shopping with starbucks etc. The bus is 9.5 peso or $1usd. Next time I am bringing more peso because every time you buy something they give you peso in exchange for USD at a 1to1 exchange. Not very good at all. At the beach they walk up and down all day selling their goods. cigars(questionable qual) necklaces and hats. Remember most people are not very honest and silver is usually silver plate but they won't tell you that. They are very good at scamming people. Heard many many stories. Also barter if you are buying something. A cowboy hat for eg. starts at $30 and the best you can haggle down to is about $12.
    6.Sexy pool, Paty'Os

4. cromlechi

cromlechi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time to answer. We normally hire a car when on holiday but have been told it can be a bit dodgy in Mexico.

I've just been asked to add: do you have to barter in shops or just with street vendors?

My wife likes asking lots of questions like this I'm afraid.

5. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the gift shop at resort is pretty much the price, but we always go down to the market. There you can wheel and deal with them. Never pay what they are asking. You should be able to get it at least half of their asking price.. If they wont deal, go to a different one. They all have about the same stuff, and they want to be the one to get the sale from you.

6. dogface2104

dogface2104 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Deff get out of the airport ASAP and don't stop while running the last 100 yards. if yr thinking about buying into timeshare at the resort then it wouldn't hurt too do it just so you can get info on it. but if your not going to buy then i'd say skip it.
    Isla Mujeres makes for a great day trip, rent a golf cart and get lost on the island and check out sights.

7. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    Yup and I'll add that every shop has the same shit, when you go to the first shop and look around. All the hats souvenirs, shirts everything is identical. Even Walmart sells the same crap and to save a lot of hassles just go to Walmart because there is no haggling and the prices are probably the cheapest for souvenir crap. Let me say again Mexico is no longer a cheap place, crappy tshirts you might see in the US for $5 on sale can be $12 to $25 in Cancun because it says Cancun on it.

8. Black Gibbons

Black Gibbons Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For trinkets and souvenirs wait till you go on your chichin itsa trip. The place is full of little market stalls that are at least a little bit cheaper than cancun (if you can haggle).

9. hardrocktampa

hardrocktampa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    YO cromlechi get on the OCTOBER ROLL CALL and start making friends ---

10. dk&lin

dk&lin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    have a great time and for sure....... book a STEVE'S Boobs Cruise... it's a MUST DO:lotsofmichaelfs:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice