Fox vs. CNN

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, May 22, 2013.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I know a lot of people like to mock Fox News, but when I see Fox has the IRS scandal as its lead story and CNN has it 25 stories down on its page, it really makes you question not Fox, but CNN. The IRS scandal is pretty scary when an arm of the government targets organizations for their political views. This is the stuff of totalitarian regimes, but not in CNN's eyes. They are more worried about Jodi Arias' trial than a government out of control.

If you wonder why Fox News grew so quickly to prominence you just need to look at the slants of CNN, the NY Times, and others that tilt far to the left.

2. Bobsplace

Bobsplace Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CNN would have to hire real reporters and journalists if they wanted to report on important news vs. tabloid news. Don't get me wrong I love the tabloid junk, because it makes me feel better about myself but it's not important news.

Anyone notice how CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC all but missed Doctor Kermit Gosnell’s murder trial? It was about a doctor who performed illegal late term abortions which resulted in several babies being born alive so he clipped their spines with scissors to kill them, but they all chose to cover the Jodi Arias trial instead.

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    CNN and the so called major networks only post about what their own left wing bias will allow. They don't dare let people hear how messed up things are getting under the current administration. When the government starts using governmental enforcement agencies for political purposes then we have a real case of government out of control and the major outlets just ignore all this as being business as usual. Just think how they would have reacted if Bush would have done the same thing.

4. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    To the best of my observations they all fail on a lot of levels. If you actually just want news most people are better off using google or bing and reading it for themselves.

I'm glad the CRTC (Canada's equivalent to the FCC) requires that news companies not have a political bias in order to keep their licences. Both of the major ones up here (CBC and CTV) generally do a good job of calling it down the middle. BBC also is pretty fair.

5. Matt_Diana

Matt_Diana Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Fox "news" can't even be called news. It's more like the redneck propaganda network......

Not sure politics belong on cancuncare but that's my 2 cents.

6. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    being a redneck like i am i cant agree more with you on this, fox will never be considered a reputable news agency until they start censoring and adding or deleting stuff thats not there,

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I certainly understand the criticism, but what do you think is more important, Jodi Arias' trial or the IRS abusing its power for political purposes? When you consider the timing of the abuse and the fact that it actually could have had an effect on the election, then it is even more of a problem.

If we say that Fox is not a viable news outlet, then where does that leave MSNBC? Remember that is the wonderful network that had the great comment of being thankful for the hurricane because it helped to get Obama re-elected.

My point is that Fox may biased, but I don't see a single so called major news outlet that is not biased. All the others are very, very left leaning with some so far left they sound more like the old Soviet newspaper "Pravda." The fact that CNN and the other majors seemed to be very willing to sweep the IRS scandal under the rug as if it didn't happen. That should be unacceptable to all of us and it certainly leaves CNN on no higher ground than Fox.

8. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    We're politically conservative.............and sexually extremely liberal!

9. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    We'll have some very interesting discussions on here about politics, religion, and just about any other topic that is opinion related. We try to avoid getting personal and it is just a sharing of opinions.

When all is said and done, we are still just fans of the resort, the vide that is there, and the great folks that go there. The discussions are nothing more than friends sharing a different perspective on various topics.

10. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Some of the best, unbiased reporting I have seen is on Al Jezeera. Particularly on international stories, such as Syria.

FOX = BENAPIRS 24/7 (Stands for Benghazi, AP and IRS. They are so obviously politically motivated that it's ridiculous. They'll do anything to besmirch the current administration.

There may be some nuggets of truth in what they say but it so buried in biased BS it's not worth digging for.

They are all biased to some degree. FOX is the absolute worst. (Hot women though...points for that...lol)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice