How'd ya find us?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Feb 4, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    This forum, talking about life in Cancun, seems to be buried deep in the search engines. How'd you guys who are writing in with your questions from places as exotic as Bosnia manage to find us?

I visited Sarajevo exactly 12 years ago, staying with an elderly man who had fought on the side of the partisans, under Tito. We had some enjoyable conversations, with me speaking Russian and trying to guess at what he was saying in Bosnian, a closely related language. We probably both caught about 50 % of what each other was saying.

The exterior walls of the buildings in the center of town still bore the marks of the struggles that had taken place there.

When I was looking for information about life in Cancun, I was in Panama City. This forum came up, and proved to be my best source for info about Cancun.

Steve, can you do anything to make this forum about living in Cancun and the Riviera Maya more visible to surfers of the net who are seeking info about life here? I think it's the best around!

V.

2. deherald

deherald Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stayed in Cancun first time in 2008--non all inclusive. Came home and booked next trip. Expedia gave us really good deal at Temptation, stayed there and googled it before going. Had been traveling Caribbean for a few years, and loved Cancun. Cancun, has weather/lifestyle of an island, but is in a modern country. Really started thinking about making a partial year move there in 2010, and kept coming to the forum.

3. mc1234

mc1234 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Long story short: Met my spouse (Mexican) in Cancun, Mexico. Moved down there and lived there for quite some time, then we both moved to Canada.

Fell in love with Cancun, though I saw both the bad and the good of living in a country like Mexico.. like deherald said, saw that it has the weather and lifestyle of an island, but still had the amenities of a modern city.

Our 5 year plan is getting established in Mexico, while working in Canada. Hoping to make the big move back within the next few years.

I found the forum because I was looking for information and experiences of other expats living in Cancun, I only have ever lived in Mexico with Mexicans, I knew no other expats so it was interesting to see how other expats view Mexico.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found it searching for an upcoming vacation and I seemed to find it pretty easily as I recall. About 8 years ago is when I found the site.

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you search Cancun Forum or Cancun Message Boards this forum comes up, plus all the individual threads and keywords also get excellent rankings.

Seems pretty easy to find to me? :huh:

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found the forum via recommendation from MatKirk :)

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    Glad you think it's the best. I do too :) Thanks to everyone who makes it what it is.

Like Matt mentioned, in Google, we are No 2 for 'Cancun forum' and 'Cancun message board' behind Trip Advisor.

We don't have a very good rank for 'living in Cancun' being on the 2nd page, but it is not a term that is searched for very often.

There are things that could be be done to improve that but it's extra work and since it probably wouldn't pull in many new faces it's not that much of a priority compared to other things.

The forum as a whole is 30% up in traffic compared to same time last year but almost all of that is to the Temptation Forum, so that's where my priorities lie at the moment.

8. jahac_vjetra

jahac_vjetra Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Здравствуйте V, как ты. Я не могу говорить от имени всех боснийцев, потому что мой способ прост. Я закрываю глаза и не вложу перста моего на карте мира.where my finger ends my Desire begins!

9. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Mne tozhe!

10. LionsNzebras

LionsNzebras I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0
    We are cancun care members, I was searching the whole site, while waiting for others to post in the temptations section.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice