Trip Report Jan 23-29 (very detailed)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Chance_Sarah, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    I really debated on how to write our trip report. I thought about just ignoring anything that wasn't how we expected or was a little off because I didn't want people to focus on that and not the fact that we had an amazing time and this was our best trip ever. But, then I thought that myself as a newbie benefited from reports that offered honest option/thoughts/experiences and even a tip here and there to better prepare for my own trip. So...here is our honest report from Jan 23-29. This is Sarah typing, so more of a women's experience since Chance doesn't get on here much. Sorry ahead that it is long, but I am generally a detailed person.

We've been to Mexico 2 other times to different resorts and also on a cruise and other small trips around the states and Canada. Our trip to Temptations was the BEST we've ever had!! We were talking our next trip before our first was even finished. We've never done that before and usually would talk about what else we'd like to try instead. We know we want to come back to Temptations without a second thought. The only thing we may do is book a few nights at a quiet, fancier place at the end of our Temptations stay. We would never want to cut our time at TTR short, but we go right back to work at stressful, demanding jobs the very next day (or even the same day) that we return home. Some relax and recover time is needed after partying so hard. I'm gonna divide it into sections for easier read, but if anyone has questions or thoughts please ask away. :daveandmo:

Rooms: The rooms are nice, small but nice. At first I was concerned about having space to put all our crap but there was a nice sized closet with a set of drawers. The beds were comfy. The pillow was a bit thick and hard for my taste, but there were more in the closet that were softer. We had a standard king size room. I asked to be in a quiet area and on a second floor (have a first floor paranoid issue for some reason, but if your drunk and have been dancing all night you may not want to go up the stairs). We were in room 5723, very last building in that area. We actually had a fantastic view that would have been considered ocean view (didn't book or ask for ocean view because we don't really care about that). However, this was right by the marina. It became loud early around 7am every day when they began working on boats. This sucked, but ear plugs took care of it (got very comfy ones at Walmart for like $2 for 5 pair). We could have asked to be moved but I had everything unpacked and was too lazy to repack it. If you are over this way just be aware that you are right at the marina. I forgot a few times and went out on the balcony "under dressed" to find children below and other times men on roofs staring over. Our channel 12 also did not have sound (I've seen several reviews with this issue). Actually most channels did not have sound until the hubby played with some cables. Channel 12 never did. You could get faint sound by turning it all the way up. We had the see-thru bathroom, but maneuvered the doors to have privacy. The shower is a HUGE double shower head 2 person shower. However, a bench or ledge would have been more than ideal in there. Not only would it make fun activities easier...but it was extremely difficult to shave with no where to rest your foot.

Service: We received great service pretty much all of the time. Check in/out was easy and we had no problems. People were always friendly and provided great service at the restaurants. Sometimes it was difficult to get a waiter to come back at breakfast for other drinks. So, when they ask if you want coffee and you don't, very quickly (because they walk away even quicker) say no but I would like... A few times at Paty-O's the bar tenders would not give all the drinks ordered to members of our group. They would give them part of the order and tell them there were too many customers (like 3 of the 4 drinks ordered). I'd suggest either using the servers walking around or send a few people up to get drinks to avoid this. We did tip accordingly, but didn't find this effected our service received for the most part. We also didn't notice others getting different service in comparison. However, these people do work very hard so a tip is appropriate.

Food: The food was good, not 5 star but we knew that going in. It was still very good. We had buffet for breakfast, and the made to order omelets are great. I wish they would have been more clear on toppings, so I knew before the 3rd day in but still great. We didn't eat the lunch buffet but did eat Margarita's for lunch. It was good. The pizzas are a flat, crispier crust but very good and not hard (it didn't say that and wasn't what I was expecting). Dinner we tried each restaurant at least once. The buffet was average, nothing exciting but not bad. There was a man walking around with these big roast skewers with different selections of meat (beef, chicken, swordfish, and shrimp). I had some beef which was very good and flavorful. It was just too bad he didn't come by until the end of our meal and I didn't know about it before. The beef off there was much better than the meats on the buffet. Bellavista was very good. I wish they had more non-seafood selections (only had a surf and turf dish and a chicken dish; all soups were also seafood). I had the chicken which was delicious and very tender. Husband had the surf and turf since he likes seafood. He said the steak was very good, but not filet (Mexico isn't known for quality beef and we live in beef country here). We ate Margaritas for dinner as well. It was average, not my favorite at all. We will likely skip that next time. Asian and Italian...it is a must! If you don't eat at these at least once you are really missing out. The service, food, and atmosphere are all close to 5 star (I'd say a 4 star). Italian was our favorite and we ate here twice. I was worried it would just be pastas or like Olive Garden, but I was very wrong. There were many dishes and a huge variety. First time I had the stuffed pork chops (warning you get 2 pork chops) and the husband had the veal dish (not the one you pay extra for). My pork wasn't like anything I had before and was delicious. Husband said the veal dish was amazing (even in consideration of the above beef comment). The second time he had the stuffed chicken and I had the fettuccine alfredo. Chicken was delicious (I tried that since it wasn't a baby cow lol) and so was my pasta. Wasn't like a fettuccine alfredo I've ever had because I don't typically like it but this was wonderful. I'm making myself hungry right now! Asian was also great. Husband loved the sushi and tuna appetizer. It is hard to find Asian that impresses us (even at the 5 star resort we went to) because we live in an area with a high Asian population due to the university and a few fine Asian restaurants. This was good though and we really enjoyed it. The banana sushi was unique and delicious (and I don't like sushi at all). The banana dessert was also my favorite (went twice just to have this too). My next food review will probably get me yelled at since these seem to have a cult following lol. Paty-O's burgers...these were horrible! Maybe I just wasn't drunk enough but they were up there with the worse burgers I've had. They are pre-made frozen patties, which is fine but these tasted like cardboard. I have gotten better burgers at most fast-food places.

Drinks: Not much to say...they were drinks. Drinks are good. :ernaehrung005:A few times I asked the bar tenders to surprise me and that worked out well, just remember to ask what it was to order it again. The bar at nice shoes/alternative was my least favorite. Several times we got drinks there from the female bar tender that always seemed to have a coffee taste...even my mango tango. But, nice thing with an all inclusive...put it down and order something else. A few times even during the big shows, like the Revelations show, they only had one bar tender there for both places. A tip...if you are using the insulated plastic tumblers and order a mojita...be sure to ask them to make it in another cup. My husband ordered one and when they crush the mint they bust right through the first section of plastic. Also more choice in sodas would have been nice, but who am I kidding we are drinking the mixed drinks anyway.

Cleanliness/Grounds/Ect.: We thought the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Our room was clean and the fridge stocked every day. The towel animals were always a fun touch and I liked that they used stickers and fresh flowers to add to them (something we didn't have at other resorts/cruise). We asked for extra towels once, and got them every day. The resort was very nice and actually felt modern compared to others. We read many reviews about it being run-down and old. We thought it felt more hip, cozy, and modern in it's decor. I don't like the ones that are so fancy you are terrified to even sit down because you might break something. Could it use updating and renovations...yes...but it is run-down or dirty...not at all. The only issue I had (which is just nature not resort) was the freaking size of cats cock roaches. I never saw one in any of the restaurants or any of the rooms or even in the open halls of the buildings, Paty-Os, or pool areas. We saw a few while walking back to our room at night. Again they were never near our room, so no worries about that. I am just going to tell myself they are spider eating beetles or something next time.

Boobs Cruise: It is a must for everyone at least once. When we went it was very chopping, windy, and cold. Therefore, our cruise was very tame. The boat rocked too much to stand let alone walk or dance. The crew was awesome and service was even better. You never went without a drink. If they saw you had just a little left, you were handed another. They were all very friendly and a blast. The first island stop was the lunch and the beach fun. Lunch was ok, not fantastic but ok. Drinks at lunch were also good with more of a selection (limited but still good). The beach games were also pretty tame because we got to have a Boobs Cruise Wedding...which was even better than any game! Congrats again to Josh and Lisa...you guys are fabulous and Lisa you are gorgeous. The second stop, honestly I could have done without. The local vendors are very pushy and almost chase you. They seemed pretty over-priced and didn't bother with negotiating. Even sitting at the bar the vendors were constantly coming over to us pushing products. Husband called them vultures. Just be ready for that. It was still a great time and the cruise is still a Temptations must.

TTR Entertainment/Party/People: This is why we come to TTR! The party was great. Even the nightly shows were fun and entertaining. The first couple of days it rained and was chilly, so it was slow but still alright. The staff are full of energy and really keep things going. Paloma (sorry if not spelled right) was super friendly and always made a point to make conversation and make you feel comfortable and welcome. She was probably my favorite staff member. The Paty-Os DJ was alright. Usually played the same stuff, but the last night we were there the DJ was not good. He kept switching up the music and the dance floor would empty. We still had a blast every night, even the last night. Really wish they would keep the music going but someone usually brings out an Ipod. The people we met and hung out with were the greatest people ever (you all know who you are!). They made our trip what it was and we now have so many awesome memories because of all of you. I can't wait until we all make it back. Even the people we'd run into along the way (not met on here before) were really nice and great. We often found that we would start heading back to our room earlier than needed for dinner because we'd stop to talk to so many people along the way. You really can't match the party, people, and environment of TTR anywhere.

Singles: I just thought I'd address my thoughts and experience on this since it seems to be a topic that comes up all the time. I had no problems with singles for the most part while there. There was a few groups of single males, and no issues. I'd say they blended and didn't cause problems. The one group of single males really actually made a lot of the games more fun with their involvement. That being said, there was one "creeper" there. He was causing problems, being confrontational and kinda grabby, and was also luring and taking pictures. But, lets face it people you are going to have these creepers everywhere you go. They are at Walmart, movie theaters, department stores, hell even your office. Just beware of your surroundings and make smart choices, and I say this for life in general not just TTR, but especially when alcohol is involved.

I also want to end by saying this since I've also notice this is a very common concern: Ladies don't worry about ANYTHING! I was stressed about it all; bikinis, topless, my extra weight, sexy clothes, what to wear, not looking perfect, my real boobs being saggy compared to "enhanced" ones, ect ect ect. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! Wear what you find sexy and comfortable and feel confident and gorgeous in. You will look fantastic and like a queen in whatever it is. Just have fun! There is no pressure at all to go topless. I did sometimes and I didn't sometimes (started to get sunburned, so be sure to apply extra sunscreen to the girls :flash:) and I never felt out of place or awkward with my top on. You are going to see women of all shapes and sizes. We are all beautiful in our own way. I never met anyone that made me feel bad about myself. Actually it was always the opposite. I have never felt as attractive, sexy, and confident as I did at TTR. I was so comfortable there. I also want to tell you...bring that back home with you! You are still that sexy and attractive woman you were there so don't lose your confidence just because you're home. You are going to look just as amazing in your sweater and winter jackets as you do in your lingerie and bikini. Here is to trip number two!!!! :daveandmo: :clappyinghappy:

2. jimbo64

jimbo64 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Very nice report.

Thanks for it.

3. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Awesome trip report. Glad you are becoming repeaters.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Excellent report! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Jamie

5. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Thanks guys. All the time when your avoiding doing your real work :)

6. tiogamike

tiogamike Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Excellent, honest trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

By the way, I loved the late night PattyO's burgers. "you say tomato, I say tomahto"

7. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    SARAH!!! Hi :) I really enjoyed hanging out with you and I loved your trip report! Keep in touch! It was fun walking across the stage with you in lingerie night - you rocked it!! So glad you guys had a great time - we sure did!

I'm with Mike on the burgers, but every time I had one I was pretty ripped - they were fantastic - lol!!

8. JessandRob

JessandRob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    bang on

Perfect, Awesome and Beautiful except burgers were great!

9. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Jess, I have pictures of your ass :bowdown:

10. Sizzlinmomma

Sizzlinmomma Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice