When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Being Canadian I really have no interest in owning a gun, shooting a gun, hunting animals, being at a gun show, nor being around anyone who has a gun. There is yet another report of shootings at 3 different gun shows in the USA and 5 people injured due to complete stupidity and basic common sense.

What will have to happen before the next big incident or several small one's for that matter before? Comments like it's our right to own one, and we're protecting our families really don't make sense as everyone has the basic right to not get shot and accidentally injured or killed either. Our government is taking over if we don't have our guns..... hint, you're government is the largest military in the world, I don't think you stand a chance again them.

Looking forward to reading the responses

Accidental shootings at U.S. gun shows leave five injured | CTV News

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Resort to arms seems ingrained, whether it's on the international or domestic scene.

I don't think Americans are actually that afraid, but they sure do act like it.

3. Dowelly

Dowelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They'll never learn evrywhere else got the right idea guns should be for military only

4. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    So, you think guns are the problem? Your so wrong. it's just a tool that has no mind, It takes a body to make it work, just like your car, phone, gas grill, and your computer. If someone wants to hurt someone else, they don't need a gun. What kind of damage do think 5 gallons of gas could do? A baseball bat? A machete? A car? Can you really depend on the police to protect you? Average time for police time to respond, 10 minutes.....anywhere. Good luck.And yes I'm a Proud Gun Owner,Hunter and not afraid to protect my family!
    I have the RIGHT to do that, you don't.

5. Dowelly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give a man a gun he can shoot 10 people take it off him he can't shoot anyone

6. lowrider86

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Give him a knife, can stab all he wants. And know one hear's him.

7. lowrider86

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    We can do this all day, shoot, stab, run over by a car. Dead is dead. But not in my house!

8. Dowelly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see your point but guns give people a false sense of power and control and do alot more bad than good

9. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Don't lump all of us Canadians in with this rhetoric. I believe that if a person has a clean record and has proven safe handling through the mandatory courses in order to obtain a licence, a person should be allowed to have a gun. Do I think it's a right? No, but if you can prove you can handle one, why not? I happen to enjoy owning a gun, going to a shooting range and target shooting.. "being Canadian".

I'm not so sure it's the gun policy in the USA that's the problem. There was a study done that suggested 80% of the world's psychopaths live in the USA. 80% of the entire world's psychopath population in one country. A gun is just a tool.

Guns cause violence like flies cause garbage.

10. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    No sense of power or control for us, a sense of protection living 20 miles away from the nearest law enforcement.
    And the ability to hunt on my farm or take part in sport shooting events..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice