Sun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Make sure to check out some of the other palace resorts as they included in the package when you stay at Sun Palace. Beach palace has a roof top hot tub and bar that we really enjoyed, especially one morning when it was raining. Also take the excursion with the hotel over to Isla Mujeras Palace, a great way to check out the island and it is included in your package... or at least it was back on 09

2. KevinAndBeck

KevinAndBeck Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. Don't know if we'll do the Isla Mujeras tour. We went on the booze cruise to there when we stayed at BBG (now temptations) back in '04.
    I just noticed that my post count is one? Strange since I use to post alot but that was years ago. Oh well.

Can't wait to get there since it has been 7 years since we have been to Cancun and it is -3 degrees here right now!

3. bigsexy&misssexy2012

bigsexy&misssexy2012 Shot Opus & Toga Fan Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    Traveling next week for a short 5 day stint to the Sun palace, looking for feedback. Is December a good time to visit? Not expecting as wild a party as at Temptation but what should I expect? The girlfriend and I are looking forward to the weather and warmth.

4. funlovincpl

funlovincpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weather and warmth you will find. If you want the wild party you will need to visit the night clubs. We loved this resort - it was perfect for the type of vacation we were looking for that year; luxury, great service, quiet, warm, comfortable. We don't know if it was just the crowd that was there at the time but the bar was empty by 9:00 - it seemed that everyone were early to bed types.
    We would go back to the Sun again. This year we are trying the Golden Parnassus. We have stayed at several Palace Resorts and they are definitely amongst our favourites.
    Hope you have a great vacation.

5. Leilani

Leilani Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would highly recommend Sun Palace

I haven't been to Sun Palace since 2010, but it was such a beautiful, well-kept resort with Ritz Carleton customer service that it made me fall in love with Cancun. Even though we spent our honeymoon at different resorts, it's the reason we chose Cancun over other destinations, for this important event in our lives.

6. Leilani

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Here are photos from Sun Palace... check out my albums for more and sexier pics! I'm adding new ones regularly over the course of the next day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Questions about the Sun Palace

My aunt is heading down there. They generally stay in Cozumel, but their trip this time they are breaking apart and looked into staying at the Sun Palace for a few days. They did do their research a bit but Not enough to my liking(I'm just a lil OCD). So in seeing this thread I had to dig in a bit here and find the truth through all the myths. So here we go!

1. She(the aunt) had heard that the "palaces" were owned by 2 brothers. They had a "falling out" of sorts, split the companies and that is the reasoning behind the renovations. True or False???
    2. One of the rumors of the renovations is that some of the "palaces" are turning into "Hard Rock" hotels? True or false?
    3. I checked on google maps for the "Sun Palace" seeing as though the aunt said that it was only 17mi from downtown. According to Google there are 4 different "Sun Palaces". 1 being west of the top of the 7 but not actually in DT Cancun. 2 were on the top of the 7(one actually pretty close to TTR) and the last one was down south on the 7. Where is the actual "sun Palace" or are there several?
    4. From reading some of the other posts, is the sun REALLY cpls only?
    5. If there are multiple "sun palaces", are/is there only certain ones that are adult/cpls only?

Thanks for your help everyone!

8. Leilani

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can answer some of your questions.

I know that the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancun was a Palace Resort.
    Sun Palace is truly couples only. There is only one. Perhaps the map was telling you where other Palace resorts are located since there are multiple in Cancun. I would go to the website, use that address and then map it. I hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice