13 hour trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by breezesfan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. JCinTX

JCinTX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Definitely gotta watch where you're going. I ate shit on my second day coming out of the men's bathroom by the sexy pool. Fortunately i didn't get hurt but those bathrooms are slippery.. and have shiny tile to boot... doh!

I think only one person saw and had a chuckle at my expense LOL

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

You might want to edit this post... "I ate shit on my second day coming out of the men's bathroom !!! There a few different scenario's going on in my warped head.. even I'm chuckling...LOL

3. JCinTX

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I thought about that.. but figured what the hell LOL

Besides, you quoted it.. i'm screwed now LOL

4. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

LOL Sorry about that...LOL (and I really am giggling about that)

5. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Your screwed with a mouth full of S@@t,,,,,,,lol,, sorry

6. JCinTX

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I give up LOL

7. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be honest, All of the oceanfront pixs of TTR are very misleading !!! The ones on Expedia only show the resort as viewed from the South !! The quiet pool is the one that is pictured !!! I had assumed that the quiet pool
    was the sexy pool. The resort is actually twice as large as I had assumed.
    didn't know until we got there and looked at the resort map.

8. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    So true - the aerial photos make it look like there are two resorts - it's actually 1 big resort separated into three sections.

As the buildings in the 4000/5000 section do not look the same - I'll just assume they built out the addition later on.

And as far as slipping goes - We watched a dozen people in Cabos fall to there demise around the pool on the slick wet tile. One guy broke his hand, and you'd see the bruises the following day on these folks.

In Cancun, anywhere there is a n elevation change with the red tiles was a dangerous affair. On the way to Nice Shoes was the worst.

9. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did get a full refund for the 4 days we missed. We are already planning to come back April 13-April 18. My wife's cast is red (matches her school's colors). No surgery required, so far, so good.

10. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    The big thing people should take away from this is, buy separate trip insurance. And it might be a good idea to call the provider of that insurance and ask what hospitals in Cancun accept their coverage.

Any "American hospitals give treatment in ER to Mexicans why not the other way around" stuff isn't productive at all. Also it sounds like the hotel did its due diligence by getting the onsite medic to give the once over before referring to the doctor on call. After that they fulfilled their responsibility.

In my 12 trips I have seen a few things:

1: guy slipped in the sports pool and cut his foot open. The on site medic actually gave him stitches on the spot. Good job

2: while on one of the catamaran trips (can't remember if it was Steve's Boobs Cruise or not) a girl badly sprained her ankle. Upon getting to Isla Mujeres the staff drove her to the local hospital. Sure she had to pay butshe kept her receipts and I'm sure she was able to get reimbursed.

3: a dumbass (aka me) over Halloween, had an ingrown hair get infected on the left side of his face. It swole quite a bit and I ended up getting the hotel doc to come look at it. He came to my room twice over the course of 3 days, on the second, lanced the infection and gave me a antibiotic injection. For that trip I didn't bother getting insurance (never again). I only paid $250 out of pocket for two housecalls and 3 different prescriptions.

The doctor was very professional but be prepared to pull money out of pocket if a provider doesn't direct bill an insurance company.

Just my two cents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice