Are you scared?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 2, 2012.

1. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

I still didn't see the answer to this though.

Please detail the negatives I've come up with about Romney

Obama promised those things and he broke his promise. I'm guessing ALL presidents have done that. Does that mean he gets a pass. NO. But to believe that Romney is gonna fix it, just because he said so, is pretty naive.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I think if we really want to talk about naive I would start with thinking that another four years of Obama is going to make anything even remotely better. He had the first two years of his term with a Congress that was controlled by his comrades, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and it still got worse. The comments you relied on were taken out of context. Your guy PROMISED that it would be better and, guess what? It's not better, but worse.

Slore, I've asked you repeatedly about why anyone should vote for Obama and the best you could come up with was that you, personally, are no worse off than you were four years ago and that we have had too many white Presidents.

Let's put things on a positive note. Why should anyone vote for Obama?

3. slore19

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    refer to post #45

4. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Sorry Slore, but that's a cop out. Why should any of us vote for Obama? Note, I said vote FOR him, not against Romney.

5. BigRed

BigRed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just 4 years ago our country was put into the biggest hole we have seen since the great depression. This wasn't an internet bust, where people realized it wasn't worth AS much as people paid for it. The republicans had a HOUSING bust - clearly something important to all citizens of any country. Housing is one of the 5 basic human needs. Obama aint perfect, Obama Care aint perfect, but saying that Romney is a great business man and his economics will make a difference just seems delirious. Without an increase in orders, a firm could care less about hiring. Romney cant connect with the middle class - he is elite. Trickle down economics simply DONT work - if i have the opportunity to take home more money - im not necessarily going to spend a proportional amount. With tax havens available to us, why would I forfeit all this tax savings? the elite go and get off shore accounts and remove more money and therefore opportunity for this country to naturally distribute wealth. Top 3% of business Romney talks about are companies that are set and do great. They make money hand over fist and manage to keep their employee numbers below the threshold so they can be considered a small business, they do this by outsourcing some of their services, using the internet as their main storefront, and outsourcing manufacturing to other company's in other countries. At the end of the day, NO president can do ANYTHING in 4 years. If we turn back now we just waste more and more time. Obama HAS mad progress - yeah not for the benefit of the elite, but in the benefit of college students, middle class, and lower class. YES SOCIAL PROGRAMS NEED TO BE MONITORED, SOME NEED TO BE SCALED DOWN AND CANCELED, but seriously i rather not have homeless people laying on the side of my suburban streets. As a recent college grad, I am so grateful i can still be on my parents medical. I wish it was the same for dental - i personally am paying 300+ a visit, 500+ a cavity and 1000 for a root canal - thank god i have my insurance for when i have to see the doctor.

People keep talking about they want change, romney is not change - its reverting back to the old policies that ruined our country, allowed wall street to take advantage of main street, gave elite ppl and elite company's all these benefits when they have more money in PROFIT then anyone can even contemplate.

Here on CCC i think its safe to say we ALL LOVE OUR WOMAN. LIVE FOR OUR WOMAN. in the time ALL WOMAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIR BODIES. HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE TREATED AS EQUALS IN THE WORKPLACE, HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE SAFE CONTRACEPTION!

Its just funny how much romney has changed his mind OVER AND OVER - in debate 1 everything obama said romney disagrees . in debate 3 everything obama said romney agrees. hilarious.

I just hope we can keep moving forward... neither candidate is perfect.

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    BigRed I think you've got your facts kind of mixed up here. The housing crash was caused by two very prominent liberals way back in 2000 or so. You see Barney Frank (D-MA) and Chris Dodd (D-CT) both were sure that there were poor people who couldn't afford a house so they decreed that ALL Americans, regardless of their financial worthiness or ability to repay a loan, should have a house. So they got their other buddy, Andrew Cuomo, Secretary of Housing, to go along with them. I can remember the three of them crowing about what a wonderful day this was that ALL Americans could now have a house.

When banks are forced to take on loans that can't be repaid, then something bad is going to happen and it did. The housing crisis came and mortgages couldn't be repaid. So here's a news flash, it wasn't caused by the Republicans. If you want to go to the root source of the problem you have to look to the liberal Democrats who come up with some great ideas in theory but ideas that are really, really dumb in practice.

I wonder if you think that Romney's ideas are delirious I really have to wonder how you think all these vote buying programs of Obama are going to get repaid. You see, here's another newsflash for you. You and I and everyone we know in the US now has an additional $50,000 in debt thanks to Obama. So how do you propose we are going to repay that? After all, Obama managed to DOUBLE the deficit in just four years. Imagine what he can do with four more years of spending.

Let's talk about tax havens. You seem to think that anyone who has money in an off-shore account is avoiding taxes. Wrong-o! Any income earned in any jurisdiction by a US citizen is required to be reported and taxes paid on it. So your criticism of an off shore account is flat out wrong if you think it avoids taxes.

The top 3% of businesses you refer to certainly don't qualify for small business treatment. To be a small business you have to be under $10 million in sales and the top 3% are nowhere near that low a number so I have no idea where you are getting that figure and what you are referring to, but it doesn't make sense.

You made references to the elite of this country. If you would like to see the elite, look at your college professors. They work minimal hours, get paid pretty well, and can't be fired no matter how bad they get. Now that's elite! Oh, and who do most of them support? Why none other than Obama. Why? Because he represents more of the same for them. Huge giveaway programs and no accountability.

I'm glad you can also be on your parents' medical insurance, but as to dental insurance, well, I can't afford it and I'm working 60 hour weeks with my own business, but you feel you should be ENTITLED to dental insurance. Why should you be entitled and the rest of us have to pay for our own and yours? Sorry, but the idea that anyone is entitled to anything for nothing is what got us into this mess. If you want to get out of this mess then we have to stop the entitlements.

So you like Obama's social programs and think he's just the best thing out there? Well, then just tell me who's going to pay for his programs? You see the main creditor to the federal government isn't China. It's the Social Security fund. So your buddy, Mr. Obama, is spending your retirement right now to get himself re-elected by buying votes with his social programs. Ask your parents how they are going to feel when the feds can't pay their social security because Obama squandered it. I don't think they're going to be real happy.

7. slore19

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How is me voting for Gary Johnson a cop out? That says I don't agree with either major party candidate and will vote for the person I agree with. Just because I won't fuel your debate doesn't make my choice a cop out. If I'm not voting for Mr. Obama, why do I need to give reasons why I/you/anyone should vote FOR him? You need to realize that everyone isn't going to agree with you. You vote for Romney for your reasons, and others will vote for whoever, for their reasons. You are not the voting police and we don't have to clear/justify our picks to you. Sorry dude.

Oh, and you still haven't detailed the negatives I've come up with about Romney. This is the 3rd time asking.

8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Slore the only specific negative that I see is your 8-10 vs. 4 post which I stated is taking it out of the context that Obama had promised to balance the budget in four years and he did just the opposite.

I do not expect everyone to agree with me, but if anyone is going to take a specific course of action that will have an effect on me and my family I feel that there should be some logic to their course of action. No one has addressed how all of Obama's programs will be paid for or how we will keep from becoming Greece. I don't deny that some of his programs are supposed to benefit a part of the population, but everythng has a cost and not one person has jumped up and said, "Oh yeah, here's how he's going to pay for it."

Slore, my business deals with the practicalities of helping other business people survive the maze of regulation and taxes that we all face. When someone has a business that is in trouble we look for ways to get out of trouble. Generally that comes down to spending less and increasing revenues. I don't see that happening with the current Administration. All I see is more spending on programs that don't work and that we don't have the money for. Frankly that scares the hell out me.

9. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    really?!

rob

10. buceo

buceo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we voters are a big part of the problem, we loath Congress, but keep voting in who is best for us which is often the incumbent. We humans can't tolerate having something taken away, it's always take it away somewhere else. That's why I think we have to do an across the board, percentage reduction in spending. No matter the federal check recipient, other countries, federal employees, aid, defense, national parks, medicare, medicaid anyone. And that goes for tax deductions too, home mortgage, non profits, churches, everything The percent reduction of payout or percent increase in pay is the same across the board. Everyone one will scream "we can't survive an X% cut", "we deserve it you can't do that to us". Yes this will slow the economy, but do we slow it and pay down the debt or go over the cliff. The way we vote, we will head over the cliff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice