Riu Palace Las Americas ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. asiangirl

asiangirl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I'll be at the Riu Palace the week of Halloween 2012. Anybody been there recently? Any reviews or advice?

2. BostonJay

BostonJay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you get all inclusive privileges at the Riu's siter hotels (Caribe, Cancun, Peninsula) if you stay at the Las Americas Palace? I have stayed at Riu's in Playa Del Carmen and having the option to go to other hotels is a great perk. Usually you can do anything like it's your own hotel except for dinner at the other hotel's restaurants. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on Riu's website or travel sites. Thanks for helping me out.

3. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Yes you can. Palace is top so it allows access to all three. Trickles down from there. RIU Cancun allows access to Caribe but not Palace.

4. BostonJay

BostonJay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick answer. Another question, i'm going with three other guys (we're in our late 20's and early 30's), are the Palace's a little more quiet as far as party scene during the day? I'm guessing the Cancun and the Caribe might cater more to the party crowd. I really like the idea of being able to go to all the hotels though, it keeps things fresh so it isn't that big of a deal I guess.

5. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    We have stayed at all of them. IMO the Palace is the quietest. Caribe had the most entertainment. We thought food was better at the Caribe and Cancun. We felt Palace was overated but it and the Cancun have the convienence of a short walk to shopping and night life. We only stayed at the Palace once and have been to other 2 several times. Seemed like we always ended up spending our evenings at the Caribe. Now we go to TTR and wonder what took us so long to find it.

6. Canuckers

Canuckers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been here since the 9th of December and we're really impressed. The food is excellent, the service is awesome and I love coming back to it at night as it's lit up so beautifully.

The beach isn't the biggest but we never had a problem, it's so nice to be able to go the other Riu Cancun next door and the Palace Penninsula and Caribe down the way.

For anyone worried about the beach? Don't worry, it's there and glorious!
    We didn't find a musty smell in the rooms and the wait for food was quite reasonable as they don't over book the fancy dinner joints (They also gave us some special extras for our honeymoon :D)

We love it here and have another week to go!

Thanks to Steve for setting up this forum, it's been priceless as we've been taking advantage of the price saving tips and found some more of the fun corners of the community here ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice