Are you scared?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 2, 2012.

1. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I just don't see the point in the cell phone thing... If you want to help them, give them a damn landline for local calls only... Phone company charges $6/mo...

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Actually they used to get a land line but someone decided that just giving out cellphones willy nilly was a better way to go. It is if you are the guy selling the cell phones to the government. Oh and every month those cellphone users get 250 free minutes to use in whatever way they so Desire. It's just your tax dollars at work.....buying votes.

3. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm scared that if Romney wins we will be turning the clock back on women rights. We will be living in a rich or poor nation. Someone that has chosen buy companies, to sell them off just for profit, has no connection what so ever with the common man and doesnt seem to want any is not a canidate for me. Improvement and changt take time and with both sides working for the common good somehow that has been forgotten

4. dikfore

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    That is somewhat my concern about Romney as well... I don't agree with a lot of his views... But unfortunately, as much as it sucks, i'd rather take the risk and see what he does instead of four more years of "hoping" for "change"... Because while four years ago we said "Yes we can", No... We didn't...

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After last night's debate what scares me is that Joe Biden is and would continue to be #1 in line for the Prez job...

IMO, things were going along just fine under GWB until the Dems took control of Congress Jan 2007. Dowd-Frank caused the housing balloon while GWB & Co tried numerous times to rein it in.

As far as Clinton, if memory serves me, he pretty much went along with the Repubs who had control of Congress. IMO he did NOTHING to curb the 3 attacks on our Country which culminated with 9-11. I think Billy had at least three opportunities pre 9-11 to take out Bin Laden yet did NOTHING!

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I'm not sure what rights you feel that Romney would change as any challenges to existing laws would have to be done in the Supreme Court as it appears that Congress will remain divided. I hate to tell you this, but we have been living in a rich or poor nation for at least the last 20 years and probably more.

It never ceases to amaze me when someone says "Oh my God, you bought a company and sold it for a profit!" Yeah, that is the general idea whenever you buy anything. If you could sell your house for a profit do you say no, I'll wait until I can take a loss. Let's see, if I had a choice between someone who could manage to buy a company, turn it around and make it profitable and sell it for a profit, or someone who never had a private sector job in his entire life, my choice would be what? Do you really think that someone who never in his entire existence had a real job is more connected to the common man than someone who has worked his whole life? Do you think that someone who spent most of his formative years outside of the US is more connected to the common man than someone who was raised in Michigan? Sorry, but that whole Romney is not connected to the common man is just more MSNBC hogwash.

Obama epitomizes everything that is wrong with America. He blames everything on everyone else. He would be like the captain of the Titanic blaming the iceberg for his negligence. That is what he has spent the last four years doing. Well, Barry, you need to be accountable for your inexperience and you multitude of mistakes. I can only hope the American people will stop listening to his same mantra that he said four years ago and make the change that this country needs.

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Biden is one scary, scary dude. It is always ironic to hear him talk about helping the poor. Most credit card companies are based in Delaware where they can operate without much interference and most of the very friendly laws to credit card companies were sponsored by none other than Joe Biden. Oh yes, those same credit card companies have been very generous to Biden's campaigns.

Every time Biden got that stupid grin on his face he made me think of a braying jackass. Someone else suggested that he looked like the Cheshire Cat in 'Alice in Wonderland.' It's too bad I didn't hear him say something about how much the middle class has declined in the last four years. That has to be one priceless comment from a clueless man.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  8. dikfore

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    its funny how the debate drinking game migrated on facebook last night to "everytime biden laughs take a drink!"

I'm sure there was quite a bit of alcohol poisoning going on last night..

9. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Now that's funny!!

10. dikfore

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    A friend's facebook status this morning...

Head is pounding after playing "drink everytime biden laughs" last night at the bar. UGH terrible idea. Hate my life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice