2 Bodies Decapitated in the Hotel Zone, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancuna, Oct 2, 2012.

1. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think that knives should be banned in Mexico just like guns are.........!!!!!!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Any expats put off about living here because of this kind of thing?

There are plenty of things that discourage me from living here, but cartel crime is not one of them.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If bad guys are offing other bad guys, are we really worse off?

Or is this like kicking an ant hill?

Really!!!

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the hit-men would be well trained when it comes to shooting accuracy and identifying their targets, I wouldn't care at all, but considering that they seem to be aiming like monkeys on amphetamine, being caught between them and their targets could be really sh*tty, lol.

5. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point, Rawkus...they DO have better aim than the kids who shoot at each other where I live in the US. I have always said that I feel less likely to get shot in Mexico as they have better aim than the dumba$$es around here.

6. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahaha :)

"Funny" thing: Our Russian and Serbian/Balkan mafias that are killing each other in Stockholm, at least know how to handle their weapons.

In a way, that is comforting... In a strange way, I should say :D

7. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I get that...I don't know about how well trained the criminals are with their guns, but I can't imagine that they are very good. The cops that I see here carrying guns really make me nervous because it is very obvious to anyone that has used firearms very much at how little they have been trained in their use. Don't even get me started on the armed truck guys...I am surprised they don't accidentally shoot someone at least once a week.

8. Cancuna

Cancuna Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Needless to add, narcocrime does not really represent an increment in danger to foreigners or to tourists. But what the Novedades article highlights is that this was the first time bodies were dumped in the HZ. (true or false I don't know) Thus- they claim - history was made. Apparently, the local media purports that this was Narco's message that Cancun (and its HZ) is not off limits to their killings.

Most events in life are not without consequences. And though many are struggling to shut down such news (journalists are being told not to report such incidences), in the end, it seems irrefutable that this cannot be good news for Cancun.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Yeah, 4-6 guys with automatic weapons half asleep as the truck bumps over a tope is not the most comfortable feeling when you are behind them.

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancuna: You are right: This kind of news can never bee good for the city's image itself. Its one thing that us locals dont feel unsafe, but its also understandable that people in other places sees this on the news, added with the daily reports of "slaughters in Mexico" can feel a bit uncomfortable.

When I was new in Cancun, I do remember a Cuban(?) who was executed in the HZ, with several shots, during daylight. "Thankfully" the hit-men approached him and shot him from only a few feet away, rather than leading the entire area...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice