Best rooms at Temptation Resort and Spa?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Eightiesman, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Eightiesman

Eightiesman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I will be at Temptations Feb. 22-Mar. 1 and was wondering what are the best rooms to ask for or what's the best floor to be on? Much Thanks, Dwayne..

2. mandn

mandn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We want to know also. Is there a map of building numbers somewhere? Since January might be a bit slow, we want to try to specify our room before we get there?

3. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We like staying by the quiet pool. That way when we feel like taken it easy we can relax on the balcony. Mind you during the day we are always by the sexy pool.

4. annettekelley

annettekelley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The two times we've been we have stayed in rooms by the quiet pool and we were happy both times! First time bottom floor, second time third floor. Being on the ground floor was nice when we were very drunk and did not have to worry about climbing up so many stairs. But being on third floor we enjoyed the privacy of the upper balcany! Both rooms had great views of the ocean too!The rooms by quiet pool are nice because they are away from all the noise at night! Rooms by the margarita bar just behind the lobby would be the worst rooms in my opinion! Ugh...you'd get no sleep!

5. Eightiesman

Eightiesman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone for the replies, looks like we will be staying by the quiet pool either on the second or third floor.

6. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Specifying a room before you go seems to be pointless, there's countless opinions on here about people being given rooms totally different to what they asked for.

We like staying on the ground floor, because don't have to negotiate stairs when drunk! Got put right behind Paty O's (by the lobby) last trip, which after a week got a bit much. Would have moved, but far too lazy and it was very convenient to use the bathroom instead of the communal toilets at night!

Going to ask for ground floor again next trip, and if we get put next to Paty O again, after a week we're going to ask to upgrade to jacuzzi room (ground floor by quiet pool). You have to pay extra for those rooms.

7. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    I wouldn't try to request a room in a certain area. Let them take you to whatever room they assign you and then if you don't like it go back to the front desk and ask if you can have a different room. Most of the rooms are the same and the locations aren't that big of a deal because it's a small resort. If they put you by Patio's be prepared to hear music all night, but it is right in the middle of everything. Unless they are completely booked (doubtful), they will normally move you to a different room right away.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  8. RedSoxCouple

RedSoxCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just returned from a 7 night stay in Cancun. We were suposed to stay 3 nights at Desire RM and 4 nights at TTR but we changed it. While at Desire we met 2 couples who reqested to leave TTR due to dissatisfaction with the staff and rooms. So we stayed 8 nights at Desire and had to spend our last night at TTR. We stayed in 1114 (last time we stayed in 1110) The room had the worst smell that even the bellhop noticed it. He called to have it fixed and and then I called 2 more times over the next few hours, NO ONE EVER CAME TO THE ROOM. When we stayed there this last Feb the other had a slight smell but we overlooked it due to our excitment for a vacation. Sorry to stay but we are no longer fans. Desire was amazing and the staff was awesome. We recommend rooms at Desire RM for all couples.

9. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    We had a problem last year with the room we were first given. The air wasn't working well. They said they would send someone up, which they did, but it still didn't get cool enough so we asked for a different room the next day and they switched us. Much better. Going back in a month so I hope we won't run into the same problem. Heading to cape cod next weekend for a few days. Where are you on the cape?

10. RedSoxCouple

RedSoxCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Plymouth area

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice