Reddog1968 MAYhem report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by reddog68, May 16, 2012.

1. reddog68

reddog68 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    What can I say, this was another awesome trip with some great friends from the past and many new friends that hopefully will be back with us next year. I am going to break this down by the weeks and not days since I was there for 3 weeks. Even though I may not mention many names in here since I dont want to forget anyone that made this trip awesome, you all are just as important as the next.

WEEK 1
    well everything went great from the time I left home and got to TTR. I was so excited to meet everyone that I didn't get any sleep almost 2 days before, and I cann't sleep on planes so I was a bit worried I wouldn't make it much past check in. I got there around 2pm and got my room right away overlooking Patyo's which at first I was a bit worried it would be too loud with the balcony overlooking it but figured I would try it since it was all they had available at the time. I got my stuff in the room and within 5 minutes had changed and headed to the sexy pool, but didn't make it there since they were doing the naked volleyball at the sports pool and Craig and Ginny were there so had a drink with them. Off to Tex Mex for food which was so needed. Then found Glenn and Monique and had a few more. Ended up staying up till 4 am which was surprised since almost 3 days without sleep was catching up with me. To my surprise I was back up at 7 am.
    I meet many of the tail end of the April Addicts which was great and they all were top notch people. As the week progressed many of the MAYhem group started coming in and we did alot of catching up and also meeting many new ones that were joining us this year. I think I meet everyone that was suppose to be there that week and at first was hard remembering everyones names but as the week went by it got easier by the day since most everyone was very talkative and outgoing. This was a perfect week to get ready for what was to come. Those that were new to the group there at the time were having a blast, and all I could tell them was wait till the rest of the crew showed up.......they hadn't seen nothing yet. The Boobs Cruise on the 29th was a blast with a few joining us that weren't on Cancuncare but we invited them to come and we now have a few new members. Seeing Chino's was awesome and he seemed back to his ole self and sure that the warm reception he received from everyone made his day. Many that didn't go on the cruise regretted it after they heard he was there.

WEEK 2
    Well now most everyone was there for MAYhem with a few slowly filtering in. Things really got wild with the whip cream and shots at the pool. You could really tell by everyone in the pool early in the morning that the gang had arrived. The whole crew from the Boston Area was there and they lived up to their reputation of being party animals. Many of the cancuncare people competed in the activities in which it seemed like they were being won by all of them. We got a surprise visit from Paul and Liz which really got things going. James got things organized for our annual Carlos and Charlies and then Slices night on the town and it lived up to everyones expectations for sure. So many great pics from this week and cann't wait to get them all together and mailed out to those that got involved in the sharing of them. Boston Mel, Carole, Pauline thanks for being awesome company at dinner every night, you guys are awesome and a blast to hang with. Seeing Glenn and Suzie for the second time this year was great. Tmac and Kat was great hanging again with you both. I know Tmac got some great photo shots during this week and Les did also. The Boobs Cruise on the 3rd was another one of Steves great ones. It was also great to have Steve and Janet join us for a night. I could name everyone there that I had a blast with but it would take up too much space here and want to keep it to the basics. But you all are missed when you aren't at TTR with me. And all the news ones from this group, you better come back next year. And Sherri you and Blaine better learn next year to stay a few days longer since you missed some great moments. There is many that left at the end of the week that I didn't get to say my goodbyes too but I am sure we will all be back together again next year.

WEEK 3
    well things calmed down a bit which was a welcomed feeling since I know my liver was yelling at me to slow down. But who am I to listen to my liver. While all the MAYhem group had left except for Les and Lynfa there was so many others that were coming in. Run and Jackie showed up while the MAYhem group were leaving and they helped picked things up where they left off with the MAYhem group. Again I meet so many great people during this week that just because I may not mention you, you all are great people and looking forward to seeing you all again next yr. Jamie finally shows up and then I know it is getting to the end of my trip.
    I wanted to mentioned a story that happened during this week that I hope newbie's will take into account on how cancuncare people really are the ones that make your vacation great. At the beginning of week 3 there was 2 ladies that had just gotten to the resort and I saw them about 6 pm at Patyo's with their welcome package in hand and with a little disgust on their face. So being someone who likes to see people have fun I asked if everything was ok. They had taken a shuttle to the resort and as most of you know you end up going to many different resorts before you get to TTR since it is usually the last stop. They seen all the fancy outsides of the other resorts and then was disappointed when arriving at TTR being their first time. Then they got a room with a king bed when they asked for two beds and they were also put in a room with no room number and also very small compared to the other rooms. They were so ready to go to another resort. I told them they would regret leaving. Finally they got a better room overlooking the quiet pool. Still they didn't know what to think of the place since at 6 pm people are just getting ready for dinner. So I started introducing them to everyone and as the night went by they were getting to know everyone from the site and you could see more of a smile on their faces. Next day took them to the Italian resturant for some real food and slowly but surely they were enjoying themselves. I got the pleasure of hanging with them everyday and day by day they were loving the place. By the end of their week they told me that had the best time they had at any resort and realized that TTR is the only resort that has nightlife and the most friendly people. They are now going to be repeaters themselves. This is reason why cancuncare is like family to everyone and also why it is the only resort with so many repeaters.

As for the rest of the resort....
    Food was great even though I only ate at the buffet for breakfeat and was lucky enough for dinner at the other resturants the whole time . It was funny when you go to the Italian with others they always remebered my last name since I made reservations there so many times. Even when the reservations were in other peoples names they remembered me. SO as you can tell I ate there alot.

Entertainment was great, even though not the same as with Chino's there. Amy did a great job and I want to thank her for being my partner for all the cornhole and horseshoe games. We were the cornhole king and queen for the 3 weeks.

The bartenders are awesome as always and always remembered my drinks even though I mixed it up on them many times. So when I went up to the bar they first asked, sprite and vodka or Long Islands. You cann't beat them them anywhere's.

I would like that thanks everyone I meet to make this trip one to remember and cann't wait to see you all again. Steve and Janet, thanks for everything you do with this site, you two are the reason why we all have so many great friends. If things in the report seems to be going all over the place, it is because there is so much I wanted to say but wanted to keep it as short as possible. Plus I am still sleep deprived....lol

Those that told me they wanted in on the photo sharing please PM me for the info if you didn't get it from me yet. Also I want to get them all done soon so the quicker you send them the faster I get them out.

To all the MAYhem group, I have one finally request. As you all know Karen (matchandahalf) won her week for miss Temptation in April with the April Addicts and I am asking that you all go and vote for her. I have talked to her for about a yr now and just kept missing her at TTR by a week or so every time, she is a great person. Plus I would love to see her win April, and also since I want to be the one drawn to accompany her in January wink wink....lol, so please help your single male MAYem'er out by taking her to victory for me..... So all you MAYhem'ers show her how great we really are and go vote....maybe I can talk her into extended her stay next yr so she can also hang with us. Miss Temptation Contest 2012

Rob

PS how could I forget Ron and Melissa you guys are great and cann't wait to see what name you will give us next year

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Jeez, three weeks straight at Temptation, must be rough. :aktion052: It was nice to meet you Rob. :icon_smile:

3. BostonMel

BostonMel I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +506 / 2
    Great report Rob. It was awesome hanging out with you.. Great times with great people.. Thanks for having us tag along. :D
    Dinners were just fantastic. Thank you!!!!!
    Glad you had such an awesome trip. You deserve it.
    Can't wait to get back..

4. reddog68

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    boy I must have been tired when I did this noticed I put reddog1968 and not reddog68....lol oh well I am sure people will know who.

Kristin and Doug great meeting you guys too and Mel thank you for letting me tag along with you 3

5. Kim and Jim

Kim and Jim Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Glad you had fun on your extended stay. Kim and I plan on being back next May. We would appreciate it if you could brush up on your horseshoes a bit before then. Love the competition!!!!

6. reddog68

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    actually Sheila and I won on Monday.....I had my a game on that day......couldn't seem to miss and got the ringers when needed.....was great meeting you guys

7. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    we had a great time and really enjoyed having dinner with you and the rest of your group and have to say that was the highlight dinner of our week. thansk again for sharing your reservation with us
    frank and niki

8. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    It was great to see you again Rob. I sure don't know how you do three weeks. came home and was a total vegetable for four days.

9. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I can't even imagine being there for 3 weeks and then trying to live a normal life at home after that without going into severe depression!! Was great to meet you week 1 :)

10. jamestoronto

jamestoronto Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great tr rob always good to see you!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice