CRUISING:To cruise or no to cruise?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by regdog, Mar 5, 2012.

1. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I am a travel agent and I am very curious right now. With all the latest negativity around cruises would you consider a cruise for a vacation option.:daveandmo::partytime::icon_redface::eek::lighting1::bash:

2. ChangoDeMadera

ChangoDeMadera Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I would not - but not due to any negative stories but rather because I don't think I would like knowing my feet are not on the ground and the possible motion sickness.

3. regdog

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I love cruising. It is a very unique experience. It is a floating resort with an endless amount of activities. there is ALWAYS something to do and you cant do it all. There is always something to eat and you cant eat it all. The ships are so stable that in most cases you hardly even notice that you are at sea.

4. HolaLola

HolaLola Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The alcohol is expensive. There are kids. You have to remain clothed. Case closed. Give me TTR!

5. regdog

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. Cruising is a different vacation. Yes you have to pay for your alcohol....Although there are cruises in which alcohol is inclusive as well.
    I Love TTR, I love the people there, I love the staff, I love not seeing KIDS for a whole week or two...:huepfen021:I've been there 9 times and cant wait for trip number 10...But I love to cruise as well.

6. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    no! not so much with the media and all of the accidents that they have been having, but the alcohol is way over priced!!! it is a bit far fetched to pay 24.00 for 5 bud lights!!! and if people think that the drinks are watered down at TTR, then go on a cruise and get one of there specials. i dont normaly drink vodka ect. i had 3 drinks in a row and diddnt even get a buzz!!

7. regdog

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    :beer4:Most consumers are not aware that if having alcohol is an non negotiable for their holiday experience that it would be more efficient to book a cruise in which alcohol is all inclusive. That way you pay a little more up front instead of getting hit with a crazy bill at the end of your cruise. You also get better amenities as well. :musik026:

8. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Here is Ryan & Jessica's link

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/members/hot_2_trot.html

They are hot2trot & RnJ I believe, we just finished partying a week long with these two from Chicago. During our conversations they said they do alot if cruises over the past few years. They would give you some insight of opinion.

9. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    No -

Crowded pools, expensive drinks, people grazing at the buffets that look like those featured on People of Walmart", KIDS, very limited hours at ports of call which are too touristy.

We prefer to relax.

10. regdog

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Very good point Chris and Christine. If you two ever change your minds and get curious you would do well to take a more upscale cruise in which children are scare and alcohol is included.These may cost a little more upfront but they are well worth.
    TTR's sister resort Desire is doing a cruise on one of the more upscale cruise lines in the near future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice