Maybe the Big O is not the wimp you think

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Jan 13, 2012.

1. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    The third (at least the third reported) Iranian nuclear scientist went to meet Allah this week. There have also been reports of nuclear research facilities being bombed, as well. Sounds like the work of the Israelis but I believe sincerely that, if it is in fact them, that the Big O is well aware of what is going on and most likely assisting in any way possible without causing the finger of responsibility to be pointed our way. (See drone captured on Iranian territory). He has shown no qualms about sending drones into Pakistan and was quietly instrumental in the overthrow of Qadafi (sp) in Libya. Maybe he isn't the wimp we all think he is????

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    What are you suggesting? That he's running a secret war in Iran?

The invasion of Iran was supposed to be a Republicans tactic that they are getting called idiots for?

Obama’s is already there?

So he's more of a war monger then the Republicans?

So much for his Peace Prize work.

Jamie

3. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Someone thought he was a wimp?

I can see, "bought and paid for" but not really "wimp".....lol.

Anyone, he has a point. If Israel is behind it you would have to think the Whitehouse is being kept in the loop and maybe providing intel.

If you really are going to invade Iran, maybe you should stop saving all their sailors beforehand...lol

4. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Oh.. and might not want to gut the military before you do too... oppps... that's already in the owrks. :)

20% of the government budget is being hit with 50% of the total cuts... yup.. that sounds fair.... like a the tax code. :)

Jamie

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    It's ok, you guys still spend more than the rest of the world combined on your military. I think you'll be ok for a while yet.

6. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5

That is true... but when the shit hits the fan, who does the world come looking for to clean it up? I will agree that even Canada might kick in a thousand troops here and there and maybe a ship or two... but it's American who lead the way.

And by that statement I do not mean in anyway to minimize the sacrifice made by any country's military. It just that since WWII until Libya, everyone has looked to the US to provide the muscle while sitting back and calling us war mongers at the same time. And even in Libya if the US had not provided the coordination efforts by the Navy, NATO would still be trying to figure out what to do.

If China said tomorrow that it was going to invade Taiwan, whose aircraft carrier is going to be sitting in the thick of things? That ship that the rest of the world depends on costs money.

So yeah, we spend more than the rest cause the rest depend on us to do so. If you think that's wrong then by all mean please tell your government to start building their own aircraft carriers to defend the world and we'll reduce our spending.

Jamie

7. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There's a lot of truth there. America's strength has served as a detterent for agressive nations for decades.

Ron Paul has a point too, I think. Excessive military presence in foreign regions can have a negative effect. As he says, no-one would be happy with Iranian warships patroling off the coast of New York. It's a tricky balance I think.

It's always annoying to me how little America's media recognizes Canada's contribution's though. Our presence in Afghanistan from the start has been the third largest behind The U.S. and Britain. We are a small population in comparison. But U.S. media mentions pretty much everyone but us. Many fine young Canadians have given their lives over there or come home with life changing injuries.

Fox News really ticked me off with their repeated reports that many of the 9-11 hijackers entered the U.S. through Canada. Of course none of them did but their inaccurate reporting had a lot of American's convinced.

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brewster: People that follow FAUX should not be taken seriously. Its that simple :D

Their "reporting" make tabloids look like professionals.

9. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol... true. About the only thing they get right is the date. They sure provide Jon Stewart with some great material.

10. blh902

blh902 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    I have to doubt that we were kept in the loop on this. With all the discourse between obama and Netenyahu, I bet Netenyahu figures it is time to go it alone. And, the way our intel agencies have been gutted and ridiculed, why would they want to work with us?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice