WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OHcpl I just read your thread again... $1100 per weekis for 2 ppl and that includes the AI correct? Plus the RCI fees, whatever thase are for weeks members. PLUS airfare.. Guessing Airfare at least $1000, so let'sall it $2,100 for the week

At APPLE vacations:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] All-Inclusive - More Info - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] $1,149.99* per person

[​IMG]
    Conveniently located on the 14- mile stretch between the hotel zone and downtown Cancun.

As an evolutionary concept...

photos | amenities | dining | reviews

Great savings eh?

2. gowick

gowick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0

Wow first time I have been flamed on this message board.

First off at this point I see no reason to leave the contract.

Secondly I really didn't get this contract for the rci portion. It's potentially a nice benefit but not a huge deal for me

Lastly ...I agree with you that trading into this resort doesn't make much sense..
    I knew some people last year who traded in and paid more In AI then I paid totally.

I still say however that people don't all have the same contracts and so their feelings aren't the same

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I am just trying to understand the whole expense. so do you pay a monthly payment to be a premier member?

4. gowick

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    My understanding is that OHcpl is not a premier member, but an RCI member who transferred in via exchange.

I agree that OHcpl should re-look at their situation and see if they can bank their exchange and just come as regular hotel customers

5. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok, so for your premier membership, do you pay a monthly fee?

6. OHcpl

OHcpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Everyone I didnt mean to start animosity towards anyone I was just trying to get some info from people who have been there.

7. gowick

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    No.

I pay a yearly fee of $99.00 to Premier and then an yearly exchange fee to RCI (its between $75.00 to $150.00, I don't remember)

8. ChargersGal

ChargersGal Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not really "Premier Membership"

My husband and I just got back from 2 weeks and our first time as Premier members in Cancun! I have to say, completely disappointed!! We started going 3 years ago, first to Cancun and it was so awesome, onto the Cabo Temptations where we purchased the membership. We wanted to go back to Cancun, so we did. The room was not the upgrade we requested or paid for (in advance), the 2nd room when they moved us had an unresolved ant problem (drawers, wall, closet everywhere). Second day of arrival, asked our maid for Diet Cola - she gave us 2, we tipped her as usual. Next day, now only 3rd out of 10...the entire resort was out of Diet Cola and none could be put in fridge. Or at least that is what we were told! Out of 10 days we were able to make only 3 dinner reservations. Nothing is set aside for Premier members, you get screwed if it's booked. Even if you ask for help from the "VIP Room", they can only make dinner reservations now 3 days in advance. Three years ago, we stood in line, met some great people and made our plans for the entire week. Only Premier alcohol served now until 5pm, when the upstairs "private members" area is and then on the beach! Nothing at the sexy pool or quiet pool after that time. While we just absolutely love the staff (main reason we returned), I left with a sense of...did we just get screwed or are we treated differently since we purchased in Cabo!!?? The highlight of the trip, renting the yacht (but again, no premier alcohol aboard). No "turn down" service as listed on the Member benefits sheet. Not that it would have made a difference, but you sure start checking the list when you feel unhappy! Don't advertise it if you aren't going to do it - period! The lobster dinner was HORRIBLE! Went to ask for a late check out, since our list says we have until 4pm 'subject to availability' and was told, you can have until 12p with no charge!!! HUH?? Since when did the charge exist for members...? If it wasn't available then it's not available. If it was available, then it's available until 4pm with NO CHARGE. Chino is no longer there (neither is Tia) HUGE failure in the 2 replacements they now have, so we actually spent more time away from the sexy pool, which was not the plan. The RCI Portion is a complete joke in which we will not be renewing. I think I would have rather gone as a non-member and have them treat us special than as a member and leave disappointed. There were so many tours and people getting sucked in, thankfully we were able to save 2 from not! Will we go back.......question stays unanswered at this time. Maybe to Cabo as members to see what happens there.

9. Derbytwo

Derbytwo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a previous member of RCI and a Grand Vacation Owner read your contract. I was not allowed to forgo my membership under any circumstances.

Then they bought in the rule that under extreme circumstances membership could be reviewed, ie death of partner who's name was on the deeds, if you had no dependents to whom you could pass this onto. Well this happened to me in 2004. It has taken until this year to sort things out even after probate, and saying that they would have to declare me bankrupt next year as I could not manage to pay the maintenance fees for 2012. I went through the appeals procedure and eventually won, when I could prove that this was not in the original contract. This is after setting my debt into the hands of a debt recovery agency who sent out threatening letters!!!!

Never ever again would I go into timeshare.

This also made on strain on my new relationship, but thank goodness he stood by me while I took all the flack.
    RCI, Timeshare, never ever again.
    No matter what they say at the time of signing. They can change the constitution at any AGM at which so very few people turn out as they hold them at some obscure place.

Take heed folks of what could happen.

10. gowick

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Is grand vacation a former name of original resorts?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice