Save the rich, screw the downtrodden

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Apr 1, 2011.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I wonder if any of the so called Occupy Wall Street protesters realize that what they want is exactly what got Greece and Italy into the financial mess they are in. It seems like the OWS people just want government to cover everything. In their minds the government is just some massive money pit that can dole out goodies to all that so Desire them. As long as they can get something for nothing all is well in their minds. Let someone else pay for it seems to be their motto.

I look around at what the liberal politics has done to America. We tell people that it is okay to be poor and we will give you money. The more children you have the more money the government will give you. Don't go to work, because that will reduce the amount of money you will get. You can go to school and the government will pay for it. Don't bother to get a job when you graduate because there are no loans as the taxpayers have been footing the bill and besides this country needs more political science majors. Want free food? How about free housing? No cost to you utilities? Hey, no problem the taxpayers are ready to help you out and the next generation that won't work and their non-working offspring.

Is all of this meant to help out the poor or just buy votes? I guess it's kind of like the election in Nicaragua when Ortega got re-elected by handing out chickens and pigs to the poor. The best way to win an election is to buy your way in and it looks like we aren't a helluva lot different than Nicarargua.

2. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can't help wondering if the perception that there are millions of freeloaders out there abusing social assistance isn't distorted.

It would be interesting to learn what percentage of people on assistance are elderly, honestly medically incapacitated, etc.

I'm thinking that there may well be a lot less abuse than is generally perceived.

Nevertheless, addressing what abuse does exist makes sense.

A recent report stated that the increase in income since the late 70's for low income households in negligible. The middle class saw a 40% increase in the same period. High income households saw a 300% increase.

I am really surprised that there isn't more general concern amongst Americans that there appears to be a clear trend towards a society of a small number of extremely wealthy elites and the disappearance of a middle class.

3. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    It is time for them all to go home. End of story.

4. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Are you calling me stupid?

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    No I said the GOP canidates say enough stupid stuff on their own without you making stuff up for them. :)

But still looking for the quote. ;)

Jamie

6. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    The Republican candidates with few exceptions did, in fact, state that it was a mistake to exit Iraq. Michelle (I wanna be just like Sarah) Bachman threw a hissy fit about it, Herman ( I did not molest those women- nein, nein, nein) said we should have left the decision to the generals (this from a man who wants to be commander-in-chief), Rick (there are three objections I have to leaving Iraq 1) they aren't ready, 2) leaving all that oil unprotected, 3) uhhhuhhhh) and so on. Ron Paul was against the war from the outset. Again, they all feel that anything that might put Obama in a positive light must be, in and of itself, bad and they must, therefore, take the other side. That is surprising since Obama pretty much has made himself look bad without help from anyone.

7. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Has anyone else noticed that Michelle Bachman seem to have trouble pronouncing "United States"? It come out more "Unined States". I know..I'm being picky...it just sounds kinda weird to me. lol.

8. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Bachmann is a complete moron, as is Palin.

At this point Gingrich is looking good.

9. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I really think the Republican party needs to let go of their obession with securing the religious right's vote. The candidates seem more focused on winning their approval than on being a viable alternative to the Democrats. I wonder how many good candidates are passed over because they wouldn't stand up to the Evangelist litmus test...

10. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I agree. On the other hand the same thing could be said about democrats in regards to the communist,welfare recipient, social parasite, big government,OWS, tax and spend vote.
    Both partys are pretty polarized now to the point that you have people on either side and no one in the middle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice