Save the rich, screw the downtrodden

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Apr 1, 2011.

1. lnjnnc

lnjnnc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

The reference you used is a US corporation operating in a foreign country and employing US citizens in that foreign country. My son worked in Azerbaijan a few years ago and his employer was required to withhold US taxes on his wages even though a large part of his income was exempt from US taxes. The reference is also to a US employer in a foreign country where that country has a prohibition against withholding from another country. In that case the employer got around the prohibition by doing the withholding from bonuses.

3. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Am I missing something here? I'm not sure what the heritage of the Presidents has to do with taxes. Please explain.

5. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Hot off the presses.......the Republican plan to reduce the deficit and bring in more revenue reduces or deletes the use of home mortgage interest as a write-off against taxes. Is that not an increase in MY taxes if I, in fact, own a home and utilize this write-off? Does this mean, following your logic, that I am less capable of deciding how to spend my money than the rich folks you guys are so heatedly protecting? If the rich don't chip in, where the heck do you think the money is all going to come from? Are all the rich entitled to a free ride while the rest of the country foots the entire bill?? Bull****!

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Whoa! Before you start gathering up the villagers to go burn some Republicans at the stake you need to put things into perspective. The proposal is from the joint bi-partisan committee and it is that they would eliminate the deduction for second home mortgage interest. So if you are deducting the mortgage interest on your $800,000 RV or your yacht then you have a reason to get upset. They are not proposing taking away the interest deduction on your primary residence. My guess is that this joint committee will have stuff that will upset all of us when it comes out next week. None of us know for sure what this committee is going to come up with, so let's see what the two party system can do when they work together. Pretty scary thought, isn't it?

7. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    The report I read said nothing about second homes and, in fact, is not strictly reserved to second homes. The middle class would, once again, take it in the buttocks.
    On another note, the area in which I live has two air force bases and a navy base about forty mile away. As would be expected, the active and retired military make up a substantial percentage of the population. In a recent poll, 76% of these folks agreed that the war in Iraq was not worth the cost. The Republican candidates running for President, with few exceptions, think we need to stay in Iraq until we are totally broke and another 1000 or more of our military are killed or maimed. There is very little of anything being said by them that relates in any positive way to solving the problems we now face and, as with their views on Iraq, seem to be out of step with what the average American wants. Obama has been a great disappointment, but merely taking the opposite side of anything he says or does is not solving anything.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Like you, I am disappointed in the Republican candidates. I thought that Cain had some possibilities, but his 9-9-9 plan is just plain dumb. Perry is clueless and Gingrich comes across as just a doofus. That leaves us with Romney. My one saving grace with Romney is that he is more of a centrist.

I don't oppose Obama strictly for the sake of opposing him. I oppose him because he is probably the worst President we have never had. Every thing he said he would do, he has done just the opposite. He claimed he would chase out the lobbyists and what did he do? He lined his Cabinet with them and made them his closest advisors. He said he would get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan and that isn't happening. He said he would make government accountable and he has done just the reverse. His bailouts, cronyism, and give aways have been a total disaster.

Boeing built a new plant in SC which would create hundreds of high paying jobs and what did our illustrious leader do? He refused to let them open as part of his payback to organized labor. Now his union bosses in the NLRB want every company to post a notice that their employees can organize a union and the vote can't be secret so his boys can terrorize those who vote against the union. Add to that, he wants the Supreme Court to agree that unions can legally use violence in support of their goals. Unemployment is over 9% and not dropping and all this guy can do is blame everyone else. He has been a disaster in every way shape and form and we must have a change if we are to survive.

9. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I would agree with you on a lot of your points except for the worst President thing. Bush II orchestrated the war in Iraq for reasons we may never know.The billions of dollars and thousands of lives the war has cost, have no justification. Yet he still remains the self-righteous, egotistical, and totally misguided person who still claims to see no wrong in what he caused. Oh, and Obama is getting us out of Iraq.

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Funny... I never saw THAT quote. Can you please provide a link to it?

Or is it just another example of your opnion of what they said based upon your perceptions... in other words, made up to be quoted as fact?

With that kind of reporting you could get a great job at any of the major networks or the Huffington Post as a "Reporter" :)

I mean they say enough stupid things on their own without neededing you to make up stuff for them.

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice