A dissapointing trip *report*

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by TexasTrouble, Nov 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sparkyles

sparkyles Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    reguardless of when you go ie april/may or oct to nov or what ever we all pay our money (in our case around £2500) for 10 nights and are entitled to be in a safe and decent envireonment with out our wifes being assaulted and the hotel should respond immediatley .also the food and drink should be good it is advertised in the uk as a 4 star hotel so should be reaonable at least we arrive on the 30th of nov for ten days and we are beginning to regret it already we travel with thomson the biggest travel agent in the uk and if the standards are as many are stating i shall be contacting them with my own trip report

2. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    My birthday is May 3 so maybe it is better timing for my birthday to go to Cancun, and my husband's to go to Vegas :part-time:

However, for my birthday I would rather stay at LeBlanc or Secrets - was very disappointed that TTR advertised room service for every meal with drops of love and has no way of honoring that promise! LeBlanc and Secrets (and Dreams) have 24 hour room service at no additional charge, but yes, it is about $1000 more at least to stay there than TTR. I just now know that to have the sexy party I have to give up other stuff I really like. I was truly hoping that wasn't the case, but it clearly is.

3. Derbytwo

Derbytwo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone qualified to say that the bees actually were honey bees?

Curious beekeeper here.

Derbytwo

4. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Not sure what kind of bees they were, but they were big and nasty in September. Kristin got bit on the leg and it swelled up like a golf ball. They are attracted to sweet stuff, so the bartenders put a bottle of sugary mix that most of them go at, but not all of them.

5. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Food

This will be our 6th trip in May, and we have always thought the food is just average..Do really like the breakfast every morning but thats about it...We always head out for dinner at least 3 times a trip for a really good meal... Not saying its terrible, just average or sometimes below average...

6. KELLY CAT

KELLY CAT I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    THATS A COMPLETE OPPOSITE TRIP REPORT THAN MYSELF AND ABOUT THE 12 OTHERS THAT HAD JUST RETURNED FROM TTR CANCUN NOV 7-14TH 2011.

If you go without a closed mind and plan in your head that ur gonna get top quality food etc, than you should have been to the ritz or a 5 plus* resort. TTR is an open minded, adults only resort filled with great friends and is not a 5* so non one can really compare it to one.

Its all in what you make of it. Im sorry you had a bad time, i truley am but I Myself personally can not wait to head back. I had a few problems as well but once you address them (which i hope u did) then they fixed it right away.

I met the BEST PEOPLE ever and would go back in a second. Even despite the clouds and odd drops of rain... it was FANTASTIC.

It's ok to state your issues but I think its another to bash to the point that you may affect someone elses decision to try cancun temptations. EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE and everyone is entitled to it, but Im pretty sure a lot of us TTR fans may just perhaps defend TTR Cancun lol. Go with an open mind, meet and chat with new people, join in on the poolside games, have some drinks, do the Boobs Cruise, relax (or atleast try to) and breathe.

I hope to those who had a poor experience, that you can give it another chance
    Better luck next time and again Im sorry it never worked out the way you imagined it to

7. rancinncusa

rancinncusa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks we were starting to think we had booked at the wrong place

8. KELLY CAT

KELLY CAT I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    No you did not book wrong place.... Please take my word and just go with an iopen mind and remember that its what u make of it. Dont go expecting gourmet 5* meals... Its mexico for goodness sakes.

TTR cancun was the best trip i have ever taken.... U will not regret it i promise xxoo

9. blh902

blh902 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0

Agreed.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the trip report M-n-K. Even though it was "disappointing", it's reports like these that add balance and especially coming from a ten time repeater.

The bees are a seasonal thing that lasts a few weeks, Derbytwo -they don't look like the honey bees we have in the UK, but I'm not quite sure if they are or not.

Fluctuations in food quality have always been reported for years, some weeks people say it's great other weeks not so great. It just seems up and down. Maybe, the food and beverage manager was saving the November budget for Thanksgiving Turkeys!

Kazliz1 said it well in her report that if you "eat to live and not live to eat" you shouldn't have too many problems. No one visits Temptation for a culinary experience but for First Timers I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the range and quality when you visit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice