A dissapointing trip *report*

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by TexasTrouble, Nov 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well after 8 times of going I am actually going through with writing a trip report and unfortunately it’s because we had multiple issues with the hotel. It wasn’t all bad by any means but it does have us second guessing us going twice a year. There were a few changes since we had been there last in may. The pool party is now at the sports pool and I was talking with Victor and they are probably going to be heating that pool and keeping it open 24 hours. The restrooms at the sexy pool now have separate entrances and the rest rooms them selves are much larger. Could use more space between the sinks and the urinals though. The upper deck with the hot tub for member was complete.

We had a blast hanging out in the pool because this is the first late in the year trip we have been able to get in the pool maybe once our twice. They kept the temp in the pool warm to really warm most of the time we were there. I really wish they would put a different bar tender at the swim up bar. Jose has never ever given us the best service because he spends to much time messing around. The bar tenders at the top bar were great even though they had endure a constant swarm of bees. Entertainment staff was great it was good to see Brenda again and sexy Sara make a good addition.

The food was horrid this trip the worst we have ever had. We left most of our food at the Italian restaurant un-eaten. It seems they have given up quality in exchange for speed. Items that used to be maid at your table now come out pre-made. Even the pizza for lunch at margaritas was bad which really upset the wife who normally eats the pizza there every day for lunch. Had to drink way to much pepto on this trip. I am not sure what is going on with the wait staff but most mornings we would have to get our own drinks and I was lucky if I got my coffee before I was done with my meal.

There is a lot more entertainment with dj’s and bands but its always out in Patty o’s. I personally would prefer if they would make better use of the nice shoes there is not really any place to hang out and chat with people that has an open bar In May everyone was griping about how there was too much security but they let this one guy go around the bar harassing women even after people went to security and asked him to intervene on multiple occasions. It was not until the second night of this guy doing this that they did anything but that was not until after he grabbed my wife's ass and she went ballistic on him. All they did was make him stay in his room for the night and he was back out harassing people the next day. Luckily most of the women were on to him now and did not acknowledge him. I do not understand why he was not kicked out of the hotel after grabbing multiple women's asses and just generally harassing the rest.

All of that said we will still be there in May and one can only hope this trip was just a fluke. Its always the people we meet and hang out with that really make the trip great anyways and we had no shortage of those people. It was great meeting all of you (to lazy to list so many names) and hopefully we cross paths again.

2. zurc

zurc I want to grow up to be Chino's! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the TR. I'm hoping it was like you said an isolated incident and that your next trip in May is back to the place we all know and love.

3. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Sorry to hear about the problems you had this trip. Glad to see that your still coming back.

4. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    We don't like change much either. Here's hoping your next trip is a fabulous one! We will be there May 4-11!

5. BIG JOEP

BIG JOEP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow sorry to hear about the jerk! I sure hope the other issues are a fluke too! We were there in Sept and I know what you mean about Jose. We really like him but sometimes he does get carried away. The one day is was raining and there was only about 10 of us in the pool he was a blast! Other times when it's busy he takes forever! I would go up top because it was much faster.

6. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    we normally do not write trip reports,
    BUT if i did write one for my october trip it would be pretty much the same. we noticed the same issuses with the food and service but chalked it up to the resort being slower than usual. you think the service would be faster not slower or maybe im just spoiled with the may group and the service we get there.

in fairness we did like several of the improvements also such as the heated pool, the larger bathrooms and more entertainment at the Patyos bar.

we hope this was a fluke, but we have pretty much decided to NOT go in october anymore.

PS the Bees were crazy!!

7. gowick

gowick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I have now heard three people in 2 days talking about these damn bees.

is this common for the time of year?

8. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We were there Oct. 15-20 and the bees were insane at the sexy pool bar! Sometimes you couldn't even sit there because there were so many and they would fly in your face. If you sit close to the bar at the sexy pool, the bees will be drawn to your drinks and it is kind of annoying!

I feel a bit vindicated by the posts in this thread because I got some sh*t for dissing the food on our trip, but it was about the same to me as going to Denny's. The only things I could eat at the buffet were what was made at the grill (e.g. omelette or hamburger). The Tex-Mex place had a good burrito and great habanero salsa (you have to ask for that), but when I saw the pizza and other stuff I stuck with the burrito. Dinner was marginal, and it really upset me that their menu did not adequately describe the meal (e.g. the steak came wrapped in bacon, didn't say that on the menu, and I loathe bacon!).

This was our first and only visit, and there were other problems as well, some that were the fault of the resort completely and others that were just part of going on Oct. If we had a do-over, we would not have gone to Cancun in Oct. It was for my husband's birthday (Oct. 18), but it just isn't worth the weather gamble that time of year - because really bad weather completely shuts the resort down. However, if the food had been better, that would have compensated (as well as the resort properly advertising their amenities).

We may try another trip when the weather can be mostly guaranteed to be good. Don't care if it rains a little, but wouldn't want to go during a tropical storm ever again. We would love the Boobs Cruise in good weather for sure! Would have loved to have had more than a day and a half in the pool as well, because the time we were in the pool was really fun (although it sounds like Chinos made that much better in the past).

Glad the opinion on the food was validated, clearly something is different lately!

9. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    dont give up!! try end of april begining of may. its like a totally different resort.

10. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If any groping moron messes with me, he'll get a swift kick in the privates with my 5-inch heels. <insert groin-kicking smiley here>

BUT I'm disappointed to hear the resort wasn't more proactive in protecting the ladies, which is especially important for us single gals who don't have a big strong hubby watching our backs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice