Pump to increase water pressure in house

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by v8eyedoc, Nov 14, 2011.

1. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do many people who hate the low water pressure in the shower have a pump installed to increase the pressure.??

If so - what do I ask for like at Home Depot and how much do they add to the electric bill.?? And, what is approximate cost?

2. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need a pump, pressure switch and air tank. Some plumbing too. Not sure if Home Depot is your best place to buy. Try the pump shops direct. Should not add much to your CFE. Just make sure you don't spring leaks with the pressure. A leak can cause a fairly horrific water bill too. Cost varies on pump size etc.

3. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You dont need the pump and tank and stuff...they sell a little pump that connects to your water line and will kick on only when the water is running. They have 2 sizes but for a small apt you only need the small one. I think they are around 1200-1500 pesos and really easy to install.

Send TJ a message, he has one of these in his apt. I can't think of what it is called off the top of my head.

4. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank so much Cancun Fun......!!!! That is what I really wanted to hear from someone..........and not a complicated expensive set -up....

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's TJ

I got mine for $ 1400 and it is a simple install. The place I used is on Palenque, in the first block past Chichen Itza when going north. It runs from street to street so you can enter from either side as Palenque is divided here. It is bright red. I have a guy who can probably install it for $ 300-$ 400 if you want. The pressure does not knock you down but it works just fine for me. There usa no lag our pulsing when you turn on the water. As Cancun Fun says, it is inline and hours on and off at once by the switch being activated as the water runs through it from the tinaco.

6. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    damn you auto-correct!!!jaja

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oops sorry. i was at cell phone office. i am not going to edit.

srt f lk you knw wht I mean. ajaj

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ: A friend just bought a house in Santa Fe, and the water pressure is really sucky.

Is the improvement significant with the pump that you installed? Ie: Is it worth it?

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely worth it. The shorter the distance from the tinaco to the water outlet in the house, the less the pressure. My tinaco is only one floor above my apt so the normal "gravity flow" pressure is not much.

For those on a budget the pump I purchased is the best deal going. To get more pressure than I have would be a lot more expensive than what I have. It will not sting my back in the shower but it is more than adequate for me.

I was at the pump place yesterday just to say hi as I was in the area. What I got I think in 2008 for $1400, is now $1900+ but still a bargain. I would buy another one at that price if mine went out on me.

When you turn on the water, the pump goes on at once. A friend had a booster pump that took a few seconds to kick on and it drove me nuts when I was there (Isla Holbox) waiting for the water to turn on. Plus his pulsed. My pressure is constant as long as the faucet/shower/whatever is on. The pump goes off immediately the split second the faucet is closed.

The people are really nice. A young guy, Luis, speaks nearly perfect English and there are two ladies who speak it as well. The older one is flawless and the younger one is good enough to communicate totally in English if needed. We do fine with my Spanglish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice