Oasis vs Krystal

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by JerseyBro, Feb 27, 2011.

1. JerseyBro

JerseyBro Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I signed up for Oasis this year through Student City and got switched over to Krystal due to the legal issues. I'm still kinda pissed about it because my group was offered no discount even though we didnt even choose this hotel and had no control over this situation.

My question is, should we have gotten a discount? is Krystal really an upgrade compared to the Oasis?

2. Nuno

Nuno Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Price wise every year the oasis was 300-500 more bucks more than krystal non inclusive.

If you get an all inclusive deal than its almost even minus 100 bucks or so.

this year the krystal is gonna be popping its like to the maximum capacity while the oasis we dont quite know whats gonna go down there.

whats your days down there?

3. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just based on the hotel alone, all hotels in Cancun are considered an upgrade compared to the Oasis. Even the Hostel in the Hotel Zone is nicer and cleaner. Be happy with what you have cause it's worth the switch...imo

4. JerseyBro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok nice, thanks for the responses.

yea we'll be down there from Mar 12-19

last year i went to acapulco and stayed at the playa suites. i had sick time but the hotel was pretty crappy. The food was horrible and they squeezed 6 of us in a room with two beds and a pull out couch. i wasnt expecting much but i still had a great time at the pool, clubs, etc.

i know its not the most important thing but does anyone know if all the rooms at Krystal have a balcony?

5. Ally

Ally Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The older building at krystal does not have balconies. the new building does but the rooms do cost more

6. Nuno

Nuno Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jersey bro ill be down there 11-18th.

Im at a deluxe room no balcony and the place is soldout so no chance of upgrades

7. Ally

Ally Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We didnt have the balcony last year because I didn't know that not all rooms had them. honestly the rooms in the older section could use some work but they aren't terrible. Just a place to sleep anyway.

8. JerseyBro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea true, im not too worried about the balcony. i was just wondering because i figured it would be a good spot for when my drunk cigarette smoking craving kicks in lol
    im used to partying at the jersey shore (im not a fist-pumping guido despite my username) so a not-so-great hotel is something that im not worried about. im just looking to party and not worry about school for a week. thanks for the info though.

9. richardsayzz

richardsayzz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Krystal vs Oasis

Okay so my gf and I will be returning to cancun but unsure where to stay this time . We went for SB in 2009 and stayed at the Hyatt regency. The hotel was nice but a little dead for SB. So whats your guys opinion on oasis vs krystal? also grand vs regular oasis? My gf and I are 21 and 22 and loved how the hyatt was walking distances to the clubs..

also how far was oasis from the clubs? i was always drunk there so i kinda forgot everything lol!

we will be going from march 26- april 2

10. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't stay at regular Oasis. It's shit. If you have to, stay at Grand. Oasis is far from clubs, like an hour walk. You have to take the bus. Krystal is right between Hyatt and the clubs. Out of the 3 choices, I'd choose Krystal and pick the new tower.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice