Exercising Together !!!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Deleted member 12579, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, I have had a great Christmas and a great New Years celebration and because of that now I have a few pounds to loose.

I am hoping that some will join me and we could post our progress on here and support each other through it...

I need to be honest here when I say "I have been on almost every freaking diet out there".. I am never going on a diet again. (hopefully I won't eat those words)..haha!

Weight watchers
    Dr. Bernstein
    Jenny Craig
    Isagenix
    slimfast
    Southbeach to name just a few.

while I don't have a lot to loose, I have lost the same amount of weight, over and over and over again..

My goal this time it to eat Healthy..not count calories, lower my carb intake.. increase my fiber, have lots of fresh veggies, choose lean cuts of protein, drink lots of water and .....EXERCISE!!! which I freaking HATE to do...

so far for exercise, I am doing the stairs at my work instead of the elevator..I am a smoker so that is a few trips up and down in a day, 3 floors so 100 stairs a trip.. lol and I promised myself to do 30 minutes every day of something, some kind of physical activity .. I know that is not huge.. but its more than I have done in the past and for someone that hates it as much as I do.. it is huge.. haha!

I will post my losses or gains each week and maybe a little bit of bitching at times but I really hope that some of you join me .. :aktion033::aktion069:

2. fitmaria

fitmaria Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good luck and have fun with it!!
    Eating properly is always more important than exercising when it comes to weight loss but exercise daily is also needed. Don't forget lifting weights to increase lean muscle mass by increasing your metabolism all day long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the encouragement .. I do have a few weights!!:cool:

4. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I will play this game:

This is Darren, Sherry doesnt need to lose weight, she is skinny enough.

I only have 35 days until TTR, and need to lose 10 pounds (at least). I am currently at 234, I would like to be around 220. I am a big boy anyway, 6'2", but getting rid of 10 to 15 pounds would make me feel better.

For exercise, I play hockey 2 times a week and my job is often physically demanding, but i will make an effort to reduce my calories. Lets see what kind of progress I can make in 5 weeks.

5. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK! thats great, thanks for joining in with me .. have to say though I am Not going to post my weight.. haha!!
    but will post my losses..

I have heard that people that have a job that is physically demanding dont loose weight with just that because your body gets used to that amount of activity.. maybe try doing a bit extra..

6. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah, I am going to jump on the exercise bike everyday that I dont have hockey. Walking stairs wont do much for me since I walk about 400 stairs up and down about 3 times a day at work.

I would never expect you to post your weight, I am a gentleman... lol

7. meanestkitty

meanestkitty Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We're In

The wife went back to WW on Tuesday and you should have seen the packed room. i guess a lot of people have the same goal for the new year. I rode the elliptical for an hour. I probably should have only doen it for 30 minutes as I was so sore the next morning.

8. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    PartyDoll..you could exercise together with Brewster, for that extra physical activity!

I always found that keeping a food diary helped since I really like to eat. I'm up 8 pounds from where I'd like to be. Mostly from salty snacks and sweet things. I just can't say no. I lift weights and 45-60 minutes on the treadmill already, 5 days a week. But I'm guilty as hell of sitting on my butt the rest of the day, doing nothing...especially in the winter.

If I lived in a cold weather area, it would really be bad news.

So I'm in.

10. D_Mist

D_Mist Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well done for making the step...Good to get yourself on some mini-competition runs so even if you don't feel like doing the practice runs, you'll get motivated as there's a goal you're reaching for.

Aiming to do a Half-Marathon this year, naturally after SB :clappyinghappy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice