Why Do People Like Obama?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5

Yup... if you use more than 25 words and include any of them fancy college type words, we just don't understand you.

Obama says that we voted the way we did in 2010 because we just didn't hear his message enough. Funny that it never occurred to him that we heard his message and didn't like what we heard. That unlike in the 2008 election where people were registered and voted the same day, which in itself is not a problem, but this took place long before Obama even began to talk about specifics of his policies. You know back when the only thing he used to say was "We can change!" Jus not what the changes were.

Let's see, we've had a Democrat President and a Democrat Senate for 2 years, and a Democrat House for the last 4 years. We now have triple the debt and double the unemployment. They say that George had 8 years, and not really cause the House and Senate are where the laws and funding actually get passed, so let’s say 6, to screw everything up so they shouldn't be expected to fix everything overnight. I agree, if that's where they were headed. And if it was one might expect that we would be somewhere in the same neighborhood as we were when they took office. But it seems we're much worst off. And the public is not happy.

I remember when Nancy P first got elected House leader in 2006 and she went on here trip to the Middle East and told all the governments there that the Democrats were in charge now and they didn't have to deal with George now cause he didn't matter. Can you imagine what would happen today if the Republicans did that same thing?

And to show how much the Democrats are listening to the American people they go back and elect Nancy to lead them in the House again. I guess the American people just weren't listing again so they have to shout louder! But that's OK because the Democrats are going to agree to everything the Reps want now. Cause the Republicans are in power now and if they don't, well they would just be the “Party of No” and we all know how stupid that is. So surely the Democrats wouldn't ever do that after 2 years of vilifying (opps.. I used a college word there…) that position.

So here's to at least 2 years of unknown cooperation in DC as the Democrats will do what they said the Republicans should have been doing, you know to set the example, and vote yes on everything the Republicans want.

Jamie

2. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Missed ya Jamie.... no fair using Democrat dictionaries...lol ;)

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Nice to know someone notices when you gone for a while... didn't mean to rant but am tired of generalizations of either party.

Jamie

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for jumping back in here, Jamie, looks like everybody's tired of the politicians, and ready for some solutions.

It amazes me that the demos have gone with P., again. A fresh face is sorely needed in that position.

5. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's an interesting thought.

If the next election is Obama vs Palin. Who the hell do you vote for? You may hate everything Obama has done but would you really put Palin in charge?

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

I'd probably give serious thought to becoming a resident of Australia.

7. riguy1010

riguy1010 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't read all the posts but I have read some where statistically without knowing the person 20% will like someone, 20% will dislike them and 60% would be undecided. So I guess you can be a complete idiot and you have 20% that like you.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you can always come to Canada. *L*... the winters in Toronto are better than western NY. *L*

9. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    So, George and the repubs are totally without fault. What a crock. Look at the economy at the end of George's reign. Two wars with no end in sight for either, etc, etc, etc.........How soon we forget. That being said, and I have said this before, the Dems have done a crappy job since taking over. The bailout money should not have been given to those who created the problem and national health care was ill-timed and, far as I can tell, poorly thought out. But, to point the finger at the dems and say the fault was all their's, is such BS. The blame is shared equally

10. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Aw, c'mon Ian, it never snows in the Buffalo area. :):)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice