Internet Speed Doubling??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had a call from Telmex last week saying the internet speed would double, which alas it hasn't! Ingrid said she also thought she saw something about 10mb being available but the Telmex website still shows 5mb as the maximum, just wondering if anyone knew anymore or had their speed increase lately?

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife just called as the speed hasn't changed and now they are completely denying that they are going to double anything!! I don't get this place sometimes, we do they phone us and tell us to leave our modem on for 7 days so they will change the speed and then don't?

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My internet has been really slow the last few days - anyone else seem to be going at snail's pace?

I did a speed test and got 1.16 which is ok i guess for 1.5mb (although pretty sad for 2010!) - so not sure why it's dragging so much. My computer seems to be working fine?

I can't think of an answer to your question though - I'm just not sure why that would happen?

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've heard rumors of speed increases several times since I've been here... and in some lucky parts of town they sometimes do get the increase.. which of' course pisses off everyone else who is paying the same or MORE for lower speeds just a few blocks away. I think it was V who most recently mentioned that he had received a noticeable increase in speed.... As to the where and why its anyone's guess... some could say the infrastructure is to blame for slower speeds in some areas, but I tend to chalk it up to "viva Mexico" rather than trying to figure why they can't deliver better service... all I know is where I live near Yaxchilian Ave.. we haven't seen much improvement in internet in years... and my cablemas connection seems to be severely overloaded some times of the day.... but it's one of those take it or leave it sort of things...

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Mine was one of those that doubled, we didnt have any notification either before or after. It just happened:

[​IMG]

6. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like ours has doubled as well

[​IMG]

never seen it that fast before here.

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Uhmmm! WTF! :blueshock: In Mexico???

8. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, Best Day on the Bonempak. How you reckon they get such speed here? If they can get this sort of speed surely residencial should be able to get 5 or 10 easily??

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I reckon mine must be 5MB now.

With a 4MB connection theoretical maximum would be 4.096MB. Since mine is above that it's probably 5MB with the usual degree of degradation.

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any idea what the bill is for that service?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice