Why Do People Like Obama?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Jun 9, 2010.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Obama jumped into the mosque near ground zero in Manhattan issue and then he backed off. I really think this guy should go on "So You Think You Can Dance" cause he sure dances from one side to the other of issues.

2. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is why I blame the media for most of the issues that get out of hand. 20% is a huge number of people that have the wrong information.

Nearly 20% of Americans believe Obama is Muslim | World | News | Toronto Sun

Nearly 20% of Americans believe Obama is Muslim

Nearly one in five Americans believe their president is a practising Muslim.

U.S. President Barack Obama, a professed Christian, has had a hard time convincing his countrymen of his religion, a new survey from Pew Research shows.

About 18% of Americans, when asked what religion Obama practises, said Islam. That's up from 11% in March 2009.

Only 34% correctly identified Obama as a Christian, which is down from 48% in 2009.

Fully 43% of respondents admitted they just don't know what religion he practises.

But the ignorance about his religion could be fuelled by politics, the study suggests.

When divided along political lines, Republicans are far more likely to think Obama is Muslim (31%) than Democrats (10%).

When asked how they came to learn of Obama's religion in an open-ended question, 60% cited media reports and 11% said they learned it through "Obama's own words and behaviour.”

According to the study, opinions about Obama's religion are also closely linked to opinions about his job performance.

"Those who say he is Muslim overwhelmingly disapprove of his job performance," the study says. "While a majority of those who think he is a Christian approve of the job he is doing."

The study is part of a larger project to examine the role religion plays in U.S. politics. The study concludes that, overall, religion is losing influence in politics, but voters remain divided on whether that's a good thing.

People of different religions are also divided on which parties they are more likely to vote for. While evangelicals and Protestants are more likely to vote Republican, Catholics, atheists and Jews are more likely to vote Democrat.

The study surveyed 3,003 adults living in the continental U.S., 18 years of age or older, from July 21-Aug. 5. The results are considered accurate within 2.5 percentage points 19 times out of 20.

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    True there is much misinformation, but there is one even bigger statistic that you forgot about. Over 50% of voters thought Obama was going to be a good president!:bash:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really doubt that so many people honestly think that.. its more likely that, that 20% are just so anti-Obama that they hope accusing him of being Muslim will help get him out of office in the next election... since in general most of America is uncomfortable with Islam right now based on the events of recent history. I'm sure there are some that are so brainwashed by FoxNews and the like that they might really think that but most are just partisans... and these are probably the same ones who refuse to believe he was born in Hawaii... IMHO

5. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Over 50% were willing to give even Hannibal Lecter a shot after 8 years of George Bush.

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I'm not a big George Bush fan but Obama is such a disaster that even the most pessimistic voter could not have anticipated what the Obama administration has turned into. It is kind of ironic that Obama came in on the same level of optimism that put Jimmy Carter in the White House and he has been an even bigger disaster than Carter.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Info about gonorrhea Lectim

This is very important we need to stop the spread of this disease. Information about Gonorrhea Lectim

The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of this old disease. The disease is called Gonorrhea Lectim. It's pronounced "Gonna re-elect 'em," and it is a terrible obamanation.

The disease is contracted through dangerous and high risk behavior involving putting your cranium up your rectum. Many victims contracted it in 2008...but now most people, after having been infected for the past 1-2 years, are starting to realize how destructive this sickness is.

It's sad because Gonorrhea Lectim is easily cured with a new drug just coming on the market called Votemout. You take the first dose in 2010 and the second dose in 2012 and simply don't engage in such behavior again; otherwise, it could become permanent and eventually wipe out all life as we know it.

Several states are already on top of this, like Virginia and New Jersey , and apparently now Massachusetts , with many more seeing the writing on the wall.

Please pass this important message on to all those bright folk you really care about

8. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    It's worse than that!! Had a politician running for the Senate come in to our area and the following day in a letter to the editor a woman stated that "he was such a cutie" she intended to vote for him just for that reason. Then, of course, as I have previously stated, one of our (Florida) Republican gubenatorial candidates was indicted and fined for medicare fraud when he was the CEO of a hospital company and the other is a career politician accused of misuse of state funds for using the state airplane to fly all over the place. Which begs the question, why does the state need its own airplanes, anyway???

9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    here's an interesting question.

Would McCain and Palin have been any better. Knowing what you know now of Palin's supidity. Would you really rather have that pair in office?

With her being 1 bullet or heart attack away from leading your country.

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I would have to say yes I think they would have been better. McCain is more of a moderate than he is an arch conservative. Palin is out there on the religion in government issue, but she at least has some experience in administration. As for Obama, having Biden as one heart attack away is scarier to me than Palin and the scariest of all is that Nancy Pelosi is two heart attacks away from the White House.

If you go back to Jamie's e-mail about the massive spending that Obama has gone through. I don't think McCain would have gone that route. Add to it the corruption of Obama's administration with most of the TARP money going to either his campaign contributors or the companies that formerly employed his cabinet or advisors and you can see why I think McCain would have been better. Given a choice between a naval officer or a community organizer to run the largest organization in the world should have been a no brainer, but instead it was the epitome of no brainers for those voting for Obama.

Look at who Obama has surrounded himself with. Many of his advisors have a history of anti business, anti military, and even anti American sentiments. I honestly think this guy doesn't have a clue about what he's doing. At least I hope that his actions are not intentional. I can't believe that even he can be that stupid to think that you can keep spending and spending and it will never catch up to you. But then again, this is a guy who never had a real job in his life and when he went over budget, it was okay because some governmental unit would make it up. He hasn't learned that there is no other governmental unit to make it up when he continues to run up deficits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice