Is this true...Tribute to

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by jeff & deb, Jul 31, 2010.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So you're throwing out the idea because you don't THINK they'll go for it.

Brewster... nice observation.

2. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I think the true believers took one look at what was being said, damned us all to hell, and went back to their Bibles, Koran, Christian Science reading rooms or whatever. True faith accomodates no doubt. It is because I believe it is. Hard to argue with that.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As nice as the thought of doing away with all religion is, it's just not practical. Those true believers will fight you tooth and nail.

If they could just remove the "My God is better and you are going to hell" attitude from religion we wouldn't have a lot of the wars we have in this world.

4. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Read in the paper this morning that a church in Gainesville is planning to commemerate 9/11 by burning Korans. It boggles the mind. I am at a loss to say anything more than that.

5. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Really don't know what to say....other than I don't think its right, maybe before they burn it they might read it first. I hear that it is quite the book. Never did believe in book burning.

6. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    See that is what causes all this crap to escalate. If they do that then extremists on the other side will call for Death to America and everyone goes back to throwing insults at each other.

Someone needs to go down to that church and smack whomever had that idea.

7. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Stupidity knows no bounds and is not exclusive to any religion or any group without religion. We had an abortion doctor here in Buffalo get gunned down while eating his breakfast with his family. The killer was some anti-abortion nut case from Vermont. In his mind it was justified, but for most of us he's just another killer, who happens to carry a Bible along with his rifle.

So much of religion today has nothing to do with the people it is supposed to serve. It is very little more than what it was 5000 years ago, which is nothing more than a source of money and power. Sadly the Crusades of almost 1000 years ago were for the same reasons.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a really good example of a Christian extremist that (hopefully) doesn't represent the majority of Christians.

Zackman will say that it's not the same because this guy killed only on person but I'll say no one will care if someone builds a Christian church near where the Doctor was murdered.

9. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    News reports say the Governor of New York, David Paterson, is seeking face-to-face talks with the Imam.
    So far the Imam has refused... So what do you THINK? ... Perhaps a religious utopia is immanent where the Imam will concede to Jews and Christians for the sake of peace, love, and flower power?

10. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No as a conservative grounded in logic, common sense, and reality, I say the killer of an Abortion Doctor was murderer and his crime deserves severe punishment (perhaps even the death penalty).

As a liberal you might confuse, sidestep, and equate this murder with the War-time dropping of the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice