Is this true...Tribute to

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by jeff & deb, Jul 31, 2010.

1. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    My husband read in the paper that plans are to build a Mosque on the site of the twin towers.
    Someone please tell me this isn't true.. I can't believe it
    What the hell, :huepfen021:

This was in the Edmomton Sun July 24th 2010

I’ve got this great idea: Let’s open a shooting range next to the L’Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal.
    What, too soon after the Montreal Massacre?
    Well how about a museum, overlooking Pearl Harbor, dedicated to the military accomplishments of Japanese
    Emperor Hirohito?
    Too tasteless?
    OK. How about a 13-story, $100-million mosque at Ground Zero in New York City, on the rubble of a building that was damaged on 9/11? And let’s have it run by a Muslim radical who believes America had it coming. And let’s give the mosque a jihadist name: Cordoba House, named after the capital of the Muslim conquest of Spain centuries ago. And let’s make it a headquarters for Dawah, the Arabic word for promoting sharia law.
    Alas, this is no joke. And the mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, couldn’t be happier.
    Then again, Bloomberg has trouble separating wishful liberal thinking from reality.
    When a car bomb was discovered in Times Square this spring, Bloomberg announced his suspicions on national
    TV: “Somebody with a political agenda, that doesn’t like the health-care bill or something.”
    Actually, it was a Pakistani trained terrorist named Faisal Shahzad.
    The driving force of the mosque is a radical imam named Feisal Abdul Rauf.
    Just weeks after 9/11 he told 60 Minutes that America had it coming—U.S. policies were to blame, andAmericans were “an accessory to the crime.”
    That’s like telling a rape victim it’s her fault for wearing a skirt.
    Rauf helped organize the recent terrorist flotilla that set sail for Gaza. He refuses to acknowledge that Hamas is a terrorist organization. But he has no trouble condemning “Christians in World War II” for bombing civilians in Hiroshima.
    Rauf won’t even admit that Islamic terroristswere responsible for 9/11 itself. He told a New York radio station that’s just the “general perception.”
    Rauf has been working on his plans for Ground Zero for a while. He published a book called A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Da’wah in the Heart of America Post-9/11. It’s about expropriating the symbol of the crumbling U.S.—that can’t even build a memorial to 9/11 after nine years, let alone rebuild the towers — and contrasting it with a gleaming new tower of Saudi-style propaganda.
    But even America-hating radicals have the right to build mosques in America, even at Ground Zero. That’s what makes America different from Saudi Arabia, where non-Muslims aren’t allowed to set foot in Mecca, let alone build a church.
    But does the Saudi government have the right to build at Ground Zero? According to the Washington Times, the
    Cordoba Initiative has assets of just $20,000 and total revenues since 2004 have been $100,000. How do you get from there to $100 million?
    Rauf won’t say, but hints at outside funding.
    Saudi Arabia has a religious foreign ministry, called the Muslim World League. It gave $7 million to build Toronto’s
    Islamic Centre, and more to mosques in Calgary and Montreal.
    Are they the source? There are 100 mosques in New York City. But the Ground Zero mosque isn’t really a mosque. It’s a jihadist headquarters. And if the secret $100 million is from Saudi Arabia, it’s not even a mosque at all—it’s a clandestine embassy for the country from which 15 out of 19 9/11 terrorists came.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Errrr............

no

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    The last I heard about this abomination was that they were trying to stop it based on zoning regs. I would be real surprised if the trade unions in NY would ever allow this thing to even come close to completion even if they did get zoning approval.

4. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It shouldn't even be considered, but yes it seems there are plans in the works. It's appauling that anyone in their right mind would allow this to move forward.

But then again look who's in the white house...

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess we can start to understand how the natives felt when us Europeans claimed the continent of America... :doh:

6. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At the risk of being jumped on ....

why is everyone so upset about this?.... Normal everyday Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11.

People need to separate Islam from the fanatics that claim to be Muslims. It's like blaming all black people for crime because you were robbed by someone who is black.

By making a big deal out of this you alienate the very people that you should be embracing. The moderate majority don't want terrorism any more than you do.

That article is inaccurate from what I've been reading Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is not a radical and doesn't believe that 9/11 was right. It's in if you believe what you're reading though.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Ian, the driving force behind this mosque is a radical who preaches that America is evil and should be destroyed. That is where the huge rub comes in. The fact that Islam is marred by the actions of a few is unfortunate, but when even the actions of a few effect all of us then people react accordingly. Every time we get on airplane we are reminded about the actions of a few.

8. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But where are you getting the information that he's a radical? I'm reading stuff that says he's not.

So what do we do? Who do we believe?

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Thanks for the article Franco. It does help to explain the logic, but I remain opposed to the whole idea. It just doesn't seem like it is the right thing to do and I'm sure there are plenty of places in NY that they could build their mosque that wouldn't be quite so insulting.

A few years ago we were in Hawaii and we went to Pearl Harbor. It was a very odd feeling being out on the Memorial along with tons of Japanese tourists after watching the films about the attack. That isn't a prejudice, just a strange feeling when we were out on the boat and the Memorial so I can only imagine how the families of the victims would feel seeing a mosque so close by.

As for the iman looking to heal the differences between Islam and the West, well, he has his work cut out for him. We had a guy in our town that started a cable TV station to do the same thing and to show the world that Islam is non-violent. He's currently in jail for cutting off his wife's head in the TV studio.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice