Discounts for Residents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 10, 2010.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, I recommend a seat near the bar, lol! :)

2. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Xcarat tomorrw thanks to this. :D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  3. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really enjoyed it, loved it infact, searching for somthing to do for tomorrow now :D

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to Xcaret on Saturday and I wasn't amazed, although I got a freebie so shouldn't complain, i honestly thought they would have more fun things to do for the kids, animals were great but it wasn't the 'adventure' park i thought it was, i'm told Xel-Ha is better, anyone been there?

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice day out and lots of different places to go, it's huge, i did enjoy the peaceful river ride on the boat, the underground river (nearly as cold as the Brighton Sea in December!) and the aquarium was fantastic, i would recommend it but if you have lots of stuff to carry, take some people to help or get a locker, especially if you have to carry little children when they get tired. If you don't get the all inclusive, prices are expensive, 20 pesos for a bag of crisps (chips for americans), 20 pesos for Pepsi brand drinks, you can get a burger and chips for 90 pesos though, which was okayish.

Discount wise, last time we went to Wet and Wild we paid 16 dollars, that was the other week, i'll find out how we got that rate and get back on here, i'd be upset if i had paid $49US for that place, nowhere near enough rides, the Water Parks I went to in Spain have more than three times as many, still a lovely day out.

Local rates at many clubs are possible too, we normally pay 250 pesos open bar for Sweet but last time i went, they asked for my FM3, even though i was with just locals, obvisouly don't carry it for fear of losing it, so i had to pay 570 pesos! 250 Coco Bongo price is only if you know someone who works there or is a regular they like. You can get drink as much as you like over at Congo for 150 pesos if you push for it, just say you normally pay 150 pesos and then go to walk away when they quote you 30 dollars, they will often call you back.

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With an FM3/2 one can play 18 at Pok-Ta-Pok for about 420 pesos. That's anytime and with a cart. F&B extra!

6. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do you go about getting that rate???? I thought it was like 200 dollars to play Pok Ta Pok!!! Matt, new course, let's go!!!

7. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just bring your FM and ask for the Manager or call him beforehand to make arrangements.

My DH bought a package of 30 plays including a cart back in Jan that's good through this Dec for $1000 US or about $33 per round. He plays a lot, LOL!

You also may want to check with the course at Playa Mujeres to see what if any discount they may have for locals. My DH seems to think they offer a deal as well although he hasn't gone over yet.

ETA: Saturday mornings can be slow unless you get out/off before 8 AM as it's what we call Mexican Member Day and they often play with fivesomes so it can be real slow going.

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, fivesomes, i bet that is slow!! I'll try and see what Playa Mujeres say out of interest. I'll be teeing off as early as possible then because Saturday is probably the only day i can fit in a game. Just need some clubs now :)

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Xcaret has more "attractions" than Xel Ha. Both are more "eco park" than ädventure park". Xel Ha is pretty much all about the snorkeling. Xplor is a different sort, they have zip lines, underground rivers with rafts and swimming, amphibious vehicles. Kids have to be six and a minimum height of 40 inches. Selvatica, Aktunchen, Kantunchi, Hidden Worlds, Holkan Kingdom, all eco/adventure parks (zip lines, cenotes, atvs, etc) and I believe they all offer local rates.

10. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We done the Royal Dolphin Swim through that site Thursday, can't recommend DD highly enough, really enjoyed the day from start to finish, the all inclusive was true to its word to with branded vodka ect. Little tip from us. If you don't fancy paying the $20 per photo then buy the DVD at $50 and download some free software to take snap shots at the screen. (It would of worked out $120 for 6 photos!!!!!).We got well over 50 good photos from the DVD, and the best thing is there of course digital so easy to send back home ect. :). Of course even better if theres more friends in your group of ten as you can spead the cost of the DVD....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice